A Nice Shot in the Arm

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
The new Toyota plant will help my local economy...

Wetcoast40

Electoral Member
Feb 21, 2005
Lesser Vancouver
RE: A Nice Shot in the Ar

Both my Toyotas were build in Cambridge. I haven't heard if the Ontario and Federal Libs kicked in some megabucks for this deal the way they did with GM.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
My wife went there for 5 years.

They wouldn't let me go...something about being a neo-con…. :wink:

The company I work for sells a lot of computers to them.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Re: RE: A Nice Shot in the Arm

p106_peppy said:
I thoucht UWO was pro-neocon?

I was just kidding...Although I can't imagine too many "pro-neocon" universities exist....they rely on government funding to exist.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
This is dated Thursday 3 March 2005

"Mr. Jerry J. Ouellette (Oshawa): It's with great pleasure that I rise today to congratulate General Motors, its workers and its partners on reinvesting $2.5 billion in the Canadian auto sector. This announcement includes agreements with the provincial and federal governments and will strengthen automotive engineering, research and development, and manufacturing capabilities in Ontario and Canada. This project will include new vehicle programs, enhanced vehicle engineering activities, flex manufacturing, environmental leadership, employment and skills training, and a new Canadian automotive innovation network.

This government's financial commitment builds on the commitment the previous government made to the auto sector in our province, and will enhance the skilled workforce in Oshawa and other GM cities in Ontario. Yesterday's reinvestment from General Motors will bring more high-tech engineering jobs to Ontario and, of course, my riding of Oshawa.

Today General Motors of Canada makes more automotive supply purchases than any other automotive manufacturer in Canada. Together with Ontario and the federal government, the company will create a new automotive centre of excellence at the University of Ontario Institute of Technology to better link participating automotive companies, suppliers, universities, researchers and students in the area of automotive innovation and technology.

I would like to thank General Motors and the hard work of the CAW and the other partners for their continued commitment and confidence in our local community in the province of Ontario."

http://www.ontla.on.ca/hansard/house_debates/38_parl/Session1/L115.htm

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca