Vancouverites! HOW COULD YOU!


missile
#1
Your City fathers are considering getting tougher on those of you who insist on crapping on the public streets. My question is : Have you never heard of toilets?
 
peapod
#2
Thats why I never go over to Vancouver, they got no manners over there
 
missile
#3
I didn't want to read the entire article,but assume it's a problem with all the homeless in the area & I'm sure there are some Vancouverites who do use the proper facilities I think the Police should treat these evildoers just like we used to do with untrained puppies...rub their faces in it!
 
peapod
#4
You forgot to post the article missile, yes vancouver has a huge homeless problem. Same in Victoria, its the weather, if your going to have to sleep outside, its always nice if you don't have to freeze to death.
 
missile
#5
The few here who did spend the winter living outside have to be some of the toughest SOB'sanywhere! Living in sleeping bags underneath the Viaduct and also,under the Causeway-I don't know how they survived!P.S. Posting an article is beyond my limited capabilities.Sorry.
 
SECONDGEN
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

You forgot to post the article missile, yes vancouver has a huge homeless problem. Same in Victoria, its the weather, if your going to have to sleep outside, its always nice if you don't have to freeze to death.

Not to make light of the topic, and gawd do both cities ever have a problem with the homeless, much like many places in Cali. But.....
On one of my many visits to Victoria, I have to say I saw the most hilarious panhandler ever.....
He stood on the corner, his hat at his feet and..... brace yourself gang, this is funny

He was............. knitting, yep a great long "scarf" oh sure I am going to toss him coins why????????
 
Reverend Blair
#7
I would have given him some change, SecondGen. I always give them change, but especially the ones who do something, even if they do it badly or it's something inane.

Quote:

The few here who did spend the winter living outside have to be some of the toughest SOB'sanywhere! Living in sleeping bags underneath the Viaduct and also,under the Causeway-I don't know how they survived!

Ummm...we have homeless people who sleep outside during the winter. In Winnipeg.
 
SECONDGEN
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

I would have given him some change, SecondGen. I always give them change, but especially the ones who do something, even if they do it badly or it's something inane.

Quote:

The few here who did spend the winter living outside have to be some of the toughest SOB'sanywhere! Living in sleeping bags underneath the Viaduct and also,under the Causeway-I don't know how they survived!

Ummm...we have homeless people who sleep outside during the winter. In Winnipeg.

You are kind Rev Blair, I dont' part with my money so easily. Pity they are homeless but if I were to give them all $$ I would be in the same boat.
 
no1important
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

Thats why I never go over to Vancouver, they got no manners over there

But at least we treat it, before it goes into the ocean unlike Victoria.
 
Reverend Blair
#10
The way I see it most of us just spend our spare money on beer and drugs anyway...why not give some to those who have a physical craving for beer and drugs?
 
SECONDGEN
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

The way I see it most of us just spend our spare money on beer and drugs anyway...why not give some to those who have a physical craving for beer and drugs?

Now that is the worst generalziation ever Rev sheesh a man of your "cloth" saying that. I am hurt.
 
no1important
#12
Why not. In addition to the legal "needle gallery" here they are starting to give out free real herion to the sevre addicts, so I can't see why it can't be extended to us folks that need beer and whiskey??????
 
Twila
#13
Quote:

& I'm sure there are some Vancouverites who do use the proper facilities Smile I

Yes, the respectible looking working class are permitted to use facilities......the homeless are not permitted to use the facilities........

So they have the option of exploding or using the ground......it's unfortunate and sad....
 
missile
#14
The sights one must see while partaking of an adult beverage at one of the lovely sidewalk cafes! Exploding homeless people would be one of the worst I seldom carry any money with me on my walks around town and see many beggers looking for handouts.Usually they just ask me if I have a spare cigarette..IguessI don't look very prosperous
 
Reverend Blair
#15
They love those cigarettes. I still buy a pack when I'm going downtown...trying to hand out drum tobacco and papers is a little awkward.
 
missile
#16
My uncle lived there, and said it was a hard old town.If my memory is any good,I think he was on Carroll St. in the poorer part of Vancouver. Yeah.I give the guys a smoke when I have them,and money ,too....why not?It's what they call a random act of kindness,isn't it?
 
missile
#17
The most beautiful gardens in Canada and human waste on the streets. Hmm! The secret is in the fertilizer..
 
Twila
#18
Quote:

The secret is in the fertilizer..

They use human waste for fertilizer in some states....it's called sludge.

Make sure you wash those Russett Potatoes really really good and maybe don't eat potatoe skins unless you know where those potatoes were grown.
 
GL Schmitt
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by SECONDGEN

. . . Pity they are homeless but if I were to give them all $$ I would be in the same boat.

Are you certain they weren't just trying to cadge a quarter for the pay toilet?
 

Similar Threads

no new posts