Neocons in Control of World Bank

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I don't think neo-cons are much for world government...

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
"Conservative internationalists insist that the natural order is one of competing nation-states—a Hobbesian world in which individual nation-states control their own populations while in the international arena the most powerful nation or Leviathan controls the world order."

I suppose this is what you mean.

It’s a far cry from what the UN is or wants to become, and that is a world government, where countries live under its umbrella.

I know I don't want it, as I believe in the nation state. It’s this funny attachment I have to democracy.

Derry McKinney

Electoral Member
May 21, 2005
The Owl Farm
RE: Neocons in Control of

Jay, the UN does not want to become a world government, at least not in the way that you mean. What you are saying is nothing but another hateful bit of Republican spin. How come conservatives up here don't even have the gumption to make up their own ridiculous conspiracy theories?

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Hateful? Surely you must not understand the meaning of the word.

It isn't my fault that common sense doesn't stop at the boarder and creeps its way into Canada. :wink:

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Re: RE: Neocons in Control of World Bank

Jay said:
Hateful? Surely you must not understand the meaning of the word.

It isn't my fault that common sense doesn't stop at the boarder and creeps its way into Canada. :wink:

So you're a glutton for punishment, eh? :lol:

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I've always had this fantasy about being spanked by a left wing Owl Farmer....I think I've come to the right spot.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

I believe my friend from Congress has raised a very good point....Why can't you guys come up with your own conspiracy theories, Jay? Is the radical right that devoid of imagination and inspiration?

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
It isn't a conspiracy theory Rev. The development of the UN into a world government seems to me to be a logical step in the scheme of things.

And believing in the nation state isn't a conspiracy either, nor is the reduction of democracy in nation states with a world government a conspiracy theory either....

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

That's not the question I asked, Jay.

Your contention that the UN is striving to become a world government goes against everything the UN has ever said and would not work the way the UN is structured, so the proposition that they are working toward the goal of becoming a world government is indeed a conspiracy theory.

The UN has done more to spread democracy and protect the sovereignty of nations than any single state or institution.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Striving might not be the right word to use. But I think it is an inevitability that a world government will occur, and the logical step to its creation is the UN, regardless of the form the UN takes throughout the stages of the creation of a world government.

It isn't outside of logic to assume this, nor is it a conspiracy, as it is highly probable that it will happen.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
So your telling me Rev that the UN doesn't want to be the standard of law for the world .Did you know during the sunami relief effort the UN was running around demanding that private orgs wear Un colors and do what the UN told them to do 8O Whats up with that?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

The UN does want to be charge of international law, Mr. Mom. Who else can be? The tsunami relief thing was a mess, but there were a lot of NGOs who were accomplishing nothing and a lot of services being duplicated while other services were going undone, not to mention the political problems that the huge influx of aid workers caused.

The UN was in charge of organising the effort and were trying to get a handle on things. Should they have been forcing people to wear UN uniforms? I don't know, but they were trying to do what they were charged to do.

Let's have a look at international laws though.

Who writes them? The international community through the UN. Nations that are not signatory to various treaties do not have to abide by those treaties.

Who enforces them? The international community through the Security Council.

Who runs the international courts? Experts on international law from all over the world.

Who goes to international court? Countries have the option of trying their own war criminals etc. first. If they cannot or will not, then the Security Council can pass a resolution that those who have committed war crimes and crimes against humanity to try them. A country without the resources can request that the ICC hold a trial for them.

The UN has no money of its own, no police force, no military. Membership is not mandatory and it cannot levy taxes. It is not government in the way you mean.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
The Un is trying to start a plan to tax us all Rev soon as that starts and they start telling countrys what their laws should be what have you got .Defacto world goverment

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
"It is not government in the way you mean."

Not now. And it might not even be the one that does it, as it becomes less relevant. But me's think it will happen and I'm against it, I'm pro nation state.

I read sometime ago that the Canadian Government put through a motion stating that if the UN did become a world government, of some sort, it would hand over certain responsibilities to it....anyone know if that is true of not?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

You'll have to come up with a link on that, Jay...there's a lot of misinformation on that subject.

The UN in no way means the end of the nation state. If anything it ensures the sovereignty of nation states because there are rules that control invasions and so on.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Sounds par for the course for those spineless idiots that run are country :x Wouldn't surprise me one bit they all bend over and take it from whoever in the world wants to give it 8O

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Re: RE: Neocons in Control of

Reverend Blair said:
You'll have to come up with a link on that, Jay...there's a lot of misinformation on that subject.

I've looked but to no avail. I'm considering therefore it was hocus pocus.