Women squashed by camel while painting her fence in W.Va

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Camel story

It's a short story and I've bolded the best parts.

SHINNSTON, W.Va. - A woman painting a fence in the community of Bethlehem in Harrison County had to call emergency responders on her cell phone Wednesday after a camel sat on her and pinned her to the ground.

Volunteer firefighters and the property owner helped move the 1,500-pound camel off the woman, who was having trouble breathing, ambulance driver Brent Hicks said Wednesday.

"There is no protocol on something like this," said Hicks.

Officials declined to release the names of the painter or the property owner who owns the camel.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: Women squashed by cam

Oh My GAWD. I can't believe nobody has responded to this.

How does a camel walk down the road in W.va and not get noticed. How does a camel sit on you without giving any warning and not being able to move out of the way?

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Re: RE: Women squashed by cam

Twila said:
How does a camel sit on you without giving any warning and not being able to move out of the way?

:lol:

No doubt.

Wetcoast40

Electoral Member
Feb 21, 2005
Lesser Vancouver
There's more to this story than meets the eye! Maybe the woman and the camel were "friends" and won't admit it. Maybe the camel was confused by the town's name (Bethlehem) and thought it was in the Middle East. Maybe, ... well, let's not go there.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: Women squashed by cam

well, westcoast. You've given this story a new element I hadn't thought of......I may have to revise my opinion of this lady...and the camel......

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC

Twila said:
How does a camel walk down the road in W.va and not get noticed.

I used to know somone who was very familiar with West Virginia, and he maintained that West Virginia is the most shallow end of the gene-pool of all 50 states - Who knows?

Wetcoast40

Electoral Member
Feb 21, 2005
Lesser Vancouver
Things that happen in 'real life' are far more fascinating and bizarre than any fiction writer could possibly concoct. Image, a Camel in West Virginia! Then try and imagine the scenario whereby this camel could come to sit on a woman and not crush her to death. Then, imagine the phone call she makes to the 911 operator.
"Yeah, right lady. Sure you got a camel sitting on you. Have you been drinking?" etc, etc,
I love real life!

zenfisher

House Member
Sep 12, 2004
Seattle

Twila said:
Oh My GAWD. I can't believe nobody has responded to this.

How does a camel walk down the road in W.va and not get noticed. How does a camel sit on you without giving any warning and not being able to move out of the way?

Its West Virginia... :twisted: hmmm isn't that tobacco country? It is kind of a twist on I'd walk a mile for a camel. Maybe the camel walked a mile and decided to sit down and light one up. :p 8O :D Just a thought...