North Korea is the Real Threat

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Just a nut job with Nukes and missiles Rev and he seems quite willing to hold the world hostage with them 8O Thank the US and Pakistan for that oh aren't they allies 8O One country hands over the material and the other technique to build them :?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: North Korea is the Re

I wouldn't worry to much about Kim and his nukes. He has very few nukes (likely more than, probably no more than eight)and, while he is obviously insane, he has shown no signs of being suicidal. He knows damned well that if he fires a nuke anywhere that North Korea will quickly become a smoking hole in the ground.

He has a long record of using the nuclear threat as a negotiating tactic for increased aid...the more nukes, the more negotiating clout.

This whole thing could likely have been avoided if the US would have negotiated like diplomats instead of trying to bully and threaten. John Bolton holds a lot of responsibility for the positioning of things right now.

Nosferax

Nominee Member
Re: RE: North Korea is the Re

Reverend Blair said:
I wouldn't worry to much about Kim and his nukes. He has very few nukes (likely more than, probably no more than eight)and, while he is obviously insane, he has shown no signs of being suicidal. He knows damned well that if he fires a nuke anywhere that North Korea will quickly become a smoking hole in the ground.

He has a long record of using the nuclear threat as a negotiating tactic for increased aid...the more nukes, the more negotiating clout.

This whole thing could likely have been avoided if the US would have negotiated like diplomats instead of trying to bully and threaten. John Bolton holds a lot of responsibility for the positioning of things right now.

Are you implying that the mighty USA could be wrong about how they deal with other country... 8O ...shocking really... :lol:

DasFX

Electoral Member
Dec 6, 2004
Whitby, Ontario
mrmom2 said:
The media is silent are politicians are silent and a confirmed nut job is getting ready to test a nuke :x What the f..k is really going on here? 8O
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2005-05-06-north-korea-nukes_x.htm

A threat to who? China, South Korea, Japan? Certainly not to me in Toronto. I mean, I don't want to sound like I don't care but really when are these regions going to sovle these problems on their own. Western interference is the cause of the problem on the Korean Pen. The US backing of S Korea and the fall of the USSR has shifted power back to S. Korea, so N. Korea is only trying to even up.

Really why can't N. Korea have nuclear weapons? Who says who can or cannot have them. I mean, why should the only country to use them in combat (not once, but twice) decide who can have them?

Same with Iraq and Iran, why can't they have nuclear weapons, but their neighbour Israel can. It makes no sense.

I'm not advocating everyone get them, but I've yet to hear a logical arguement why a certain country can produce them and another can't.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Not your problem till one misses the states and lands in Canada or one goes off over there and we get the radioactive fallout here Its a world problem DasFX :wink:

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
How about nobody has nuclear weapons period. One less thing to worry about. If any of you have seen "The Fog of War" that tells you pretty well from the horses mouth how close we came back then.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now

NickFun

Electoral Member

Indeed, North Korea is the real threat as they actually HAVE WMD's! But the US is prone to attack those that are basically helpless and who possess vast reserves of oil that MAY get WMD's sometime in the distant future. See?

snoproblem

Nominee Member
Mar 18, 2005
What makes North Korea different, is that 'Dear Leader' Kim Jong-Il is a certifiable nutjob and sociopath. I would think that a nuke in the hand of a guy like that would make anybody nervous.

A well-aimed rifle bullet would solve many problems.

DasFX

Electoral Member
Dec 6, 2004
Whitby, Ontario
mrmom2 said:
Not your problem till one misses the states and lands in Canada or one goes off over there and we get the radioactive fallout here Its a world problem DasFX :wink:

That's the point, N Korea can't hit the States. Most of the smaller nuclear powers only have short range missiles. Really, only Russia could ever hit the US or Canada from their own country.

DasFX

Electoral Member
Dec 6, 2004
Whitby, Ontario
snoproblem said:
What makes North Korea different, is that 'Dear Leader' Kim Jong-Il is a certifiable nutjob and sociopath. I would think that a nuke in the hand of a guy like that would make anybody nervous.

A well-aimed rifle bullet would solve many problems.

Yes, and the leaders of all the other Nuclear powers all have a good sensible head on their shoulder, like GWB!

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Thats funny you say that DasFX were did you hear that main stream media maybe ?their missile tech has got better and better and their very close to dropping one on North America. But thats not the point they set one off and the fallout will contaminate the world with more radiation. Being in canada won't matter there will be no place to hide :wink:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

They only have one or two missiles that even have an off chance of reaching North America, Mom. They won't use them because they would ensuring their own destruction.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Re: RE: North Korea is the Re

Reverend Blair said:
They only have one or two missiles that even have an off chance of reaching North America, Mom. They won't use them because they would ensuring their own destruction.

I wouldn't put it past Kimmy to do something. Castro was willing to sacrifice the whole of Cuba for the Commi cause, why not Kimmy?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Actually Castro was extremely reluctant to allow the USSR to put their missiles in Cuba. The thing is that the US embargo left him with no way to make money and he was afraid of a full-scale US invasion, so he allowed the missiles in exchange for aid and access to Russian markets and hoped for the best.

Trying to compare Cuba/Castro and North Korea/Kim is silly though. The situations are completely different and the leaders are completely different.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
No it is not silly. They may be "different" but so is every other commi cult that starts. The similarities are good enough. They are communists and they hate America, and they have nukes.

You can't repaint Castro the way you want to see him.

Castro was more than willing to sacrifice Cuba, and this is plainly known, and mentioned fully in a documentary I watched on him, on WQLN, a few weeks ago. The guy was not only willing to have Cuba destroyed but start Armageddon also. He's a Commi, and I expect nothing less from him and his kind.

Therefore I trust Korea to do the same.

http://www.neoliberalismo.com/Archivo-01/sad_day.htm

A link for those interested.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
I love how people in this forum just believe whatever the media tells them 8O How do you know how many nukes he has ?The intelligence services of the world have no clue .They have enough nuclear material over there for 50 nukes or better .The reactor has been shut down .Why?because there done turning what they had into plutonium .Who really knows what that nut job is up to .One thing for sure is no one on this board knows so quit thinking you do :wink: You only know what the bullshit media wants you to know :lol:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Did the documentary you watched include papers that have been released since the collapse of the former USSR? The fact that Castro did not want Soviet missiles in Cuba was documented by the Soviets themselves, Jay.

Your fear of communism is comical. Your belief that they want to destroy the world if they can't take it over has more place in a 1950's science fiction movie than in any modern political discussion.