Ontario wants limits on Homolka release

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Ontario Attorney-General Michael Bryant said Monday that his government would seek “the strictest conditions possible” on Karla Homolka after the woman is released from prison this summer.

Ms. Homolka is on the verge of completing the last of a 12-year sentence she received after striking a bargain on charges related to the sex assaults and slayings of schoolgirls Kristen French and Leslie Mahaffy. She said she was a victim of her husband, Paul Bernardo, and that he was the perpetrator of the crimes.

Only after the deal was finalized did videotapes emerge that, according to those who have seen them, seem to show her as a willing participant in the attacks.

Link

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
God, I think it's absurd that she's being released so soon. She really should have gotten a lot more time in prison, long enough that nobody would even recognise her as she got out. But now that she really is being released, I'm concerned for my city, Toronto. She'll more than likely choose it as her home. As far as I've heard.

:roll:

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
They showed some of that video tape on the fifth estate, I think she was more than a willing partner, I think she was the brains behind it. She also got a good education paid for by taxpayers while she did her time in club fed. Who is going to hire her for a job? I suppose she will have a name change and blend once more into main stream.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Very astute of you! I see her remarrying and perhaps doing some of the things again that she served time for.I would imagine she's had numerous male correspondents during her jail time and many offers of friendship.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
I'm willing to bet though she's going to have a rough time living anywhere comfortably. Nobody's going to want her as a neighbour. Everybody knows her name to some degree, even if she moved way out in bumblefuck where the population is 38. I know I'd be eggin her house if she moved near me....although I guess getting married may change that name, dammit.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Re: RE: Ontario wants limits on Homolka release

Jo Canadian said:
I'm willing to bet though she's going to have a rough time living anywhere comfortably. Nobody's going to want her as a neighbour. Everybody knows her name to some degree, even if she moved way out in bumblefuck where the population is 38. I know I'd be eggin her house if she moved near me....although I guess getting married may change that name, dammit.

Eggs? I'm thinking more of arson.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
I will not be surprised if she is involved in some sex crime in the future. Those videos of her with the police were very telling. She is without any kind of concience. There are not alot of people out there that would serve their own sister up to be drugged and raped and murdered as a wedding present. Its still hard to believe how evil they were.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Kinda funny tho Jo, that you would end up with the record. She gets a university education at club fed, marriage proposals, (glad to know not only women do that) and a new life. Justice is grand is it not. :wink:

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: Ontario wants limits

As much as I think she deserved to be in jail for life.

She did serve her time and the full sentence. She is not getting out early. The crown made that deal (12 years). So they have to live with it. Since she did her time and she is not on parole I can't see how they can impose restrictions now. It should of been made when she was sentenced.

AirIntake

Electoral Member
Mar 9, 2005
While I don't like her being released, I also disagree with placing restrictions on a person that has served their time. If the government thinks that restrictions are necessary for public safety, then she should have locked her up for longer in the first place.