By 2008- everyone entering the US will need a passport

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: By 2008- everyone ent

The link doesn't work, Twila. The story was just on TV though. Neither the Liberals nor the Conservatives want to demand the same of the US as they are demading of us.

The time-frame is that all Canadians will require passports to get into the US by 2006 and Americans will require them to get back into their own country by 2008. So why the fear by our right-wing parties to require passports to get into Canada from the US?

hwacker

Apr 5, 2005
Good about time, the USA has 11 million people that can get drivers licenses but cannot get a passport cause they are illegal. So if they want to go home they are staying. Now all they have to do is find them inside the USA.

Oh BTW your link is broken

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

We accept Mexican passports too, wacker. This law will do nothing to solve illegal immigration into the US.

hwacker

Apr 5, 2005
Re: RE: By 2008- everyone ent

Reverend Blair said:
We accept Mexican passports too, wacker. This law will do nothing to solve illegal immigration into the US.

LOL like you know what it takes to get a passport in Mexico. i lived there, the people that get them are people with money homes and something to come back to. plus they cost money to get which most people that come to the USA don't have. Also they expire so they would need to be renewed so another trip home. This will help illegal immigration.

plus all the people that come from Canada to the USA with a DL now are screwed but i guess they can all get a passport cause we don't have any illegals here. :lol:

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

Reverend Blair said:

thats a fact.

Also I have a passport that i got 2 years ago from going to Cuba, but unless I plan to travel I am not going to bother to get on just to go to America, where I will not go to as long as "W" is still President.

Further more it hurts them more than us as all those border towns in America will lose business because of this. Especially for people who go down for gas and shopping, a few times a year. Are they going to spend the money and time to get a passport so they can buy gas in Blaine or Point Roberts?(or anywhere else along border)I think not.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

I take it from your post that you hate poor people, wacker. Do you realize that a good portion of the US service industry depends on illegal immigrants? Do you understand that without illegal immigrants much of the US economy will suffer?

I thought not.

Let's demand a passport from every American trying to get into Canada. We should search their cars for guns too.

hwacker

Apr 5, 2005

Reverend Blair said:
I take it from your post that you hate poor people, wacker. Do you realize that a good portion of the US service industry depends on illegal immigrants? Do you understand that without illegal immigrants much of the US economy will suffer?

I thought not.

Let's demand a passport from every American trying to get into Canada. We should search their cars for guns too.

Here we go, more BS. Please tell it to someone who has never seen the states.
The people don't want illegals there. I talked to a bricklayer last week in Indy that said 3/4 of his crew were Mexican illegals taking jobs away from Americans. now ask him if he wants the problem to stop. don't ask me i already know the answer.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Ask his boss if he can afford to pay workers more or his boss' customers if they are willing to pay a higher rate. You glorify the race to the bottom, then scream like spoiled brats when the results bite you in the ass.

hwacker

Apr 5, 2005
You don't ever know what you're talking about.

Come back when you do, please.

Oh BTW they were making $12.50 a hour.

And if they aren't there its problem solved.

Stay in your little hole at portage and main and stop predicting what the world should do.

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
you better believe they help the us economy....without the illegal immigrants in walmart for starters.....

what about the economy of california with all the immigrants there?

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Your man W has done zero to stop illegal immigration in the US wacker He blocked the bill that would have put 2000 more officers on the border >He calls the Minute men project a bunch of vigilantes Its you who no nothing about whats going on down there

hwacker

Apr 5, 2005
galianomama said:
you better believe they help the us economy....without the illegal immigrants in walmart for starters.....

what about the economy of california with all the immigrants there?

Do some research, what do they pull out of the usa, funds going home, free health care, welfare ...........

It's not all sunshine like you liberals think.

hwacker

Apr 5, 2005
Re: RE: By 2008- everyone entering the US will need a passpo

mrmom2 said:
Your man W has done zero to stop illegal immigration in the US wacker He blocked the bill that would have put 2000 more officers on the border >He calls the Minute men project a bunch of vigilantes Its you who no nothing about whats going on down there

Neither side will touch the southern boarder thing, they want votes. I’m speaking from what I hear from the people that pay the taxes, not the collectors.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

hwacker said:

Do some research, what do they pull out of the usa, funds going home, free health care, welfare .

What are you on, man?

hwacker

Apr 5, 2005

no1important said:
hwacker said:

Do some research, what do they pull out of the usa, funds going home, free health care, welfare .

What are you on, man?

can you not READ

[/url]http://www.fairus.org/ImmigrationIssueCenters/ImmigrationIssueCenters.cfm?ID=1209&c=15

It costs more to have them then you think.

FirstKnight

Mar 25, 2005
By 2008- everyone entering the US will need a passport

Well...... Not Everyone :)

There are many of us that have a FAST EXPRES Card. I use this card everyday(Mon to Fri) when crossing into the US.

It's a program implemented by both Canada and US that gives specific priviledges to the driver and load. Special customs boothes, special bridge lane and traffic priviledges on the highway/roadway to the bridges.Quick release at customs,entering both USA and Canada.

The USA knows as much about me as my own country does.Taxes,criminal events (None) and anything that could be legally stated as PERSONAL INFO.

It doesn't bother me in the least.Nothing to hide, nothing disclosed. ;) I will never need a passport to cross borders.

The rear of my FastExpres Card.