Anyone Suprised?

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
Is anybody here aware that Terri's dad pulled the plug on his own mother many years ago? Check out the last paragraph:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1077219,00.html

But, given the vehemence with which he has been fighting to prolong Terri's life, it is a little surprising to learn that Robert decided to turn off the life-support system for his mother. She was 79 at the time, and had been ill with pneumonia for a week, when her kidneys gave out. "I can remember like yesterday the doctors said she had a good life. I asked, 'If you put her on a ventilator does she have a chance of surviving, of coming out of this thing?'" Robert says. "I was very angry with God because I didn't want to make those decisions."

I give up trying to understand Americans :?

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
Like I said I give up. The only thing I understand so far about the Americans is that they will say something and do another.

Kinda like when they snub UN laws that they helped create, or those Our-Calf idiots who bought cows from us after the ban because the price was cheap and they thought that "there's little chance of contamination"

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I heard on The Hour that Terri's family has sold or given the information of everybody who contributed to them to a right-wing fund-raising group.

There's some gratitude, eh? Donate to their cause and they sell your name to the telephone solicitors.

HockeyBabe

Electoral Member
Oct 13, 2004
Seattle
yeah and another story about how greedy Americans are...This girl is slowly dying...she's a vegetable right now, has to be fed through tubes and only uses 5 per cent of her brain. She wants to dye, but her family wants to keep her alive!! how ignorant? It's not like she can do anything! Why keep her alive when she wants to die???? I will never understand Americans either and I live with em!!! bloody assholes!!! *clears throat* sorry...I'm just tired of them. In US history class, I get so angry. Who would want to be part of a country who had slaves like that? They ran away to Canada! smart people. My theory about why they finally ended slavery is because they're trying to be better than Canada. Deep down, they really don't want blacks in the country...but anyways, back to your topic. Sorry I changed the subject :oops:

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
This story is a good wake up call for all the people of the world .Its time for everybody to do a living will,so nobody else ends up like Terry.I already booked my appointment with my lawyer,I suggest the rest of you do the same!

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net

...but we all know this already... :wink:

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
There are some times I post something completely honest and true. This is one of those times. I was in the hospital back in '96 when the doctors had to pull the plugs on my wife,but she did have a living will and wanted her organs donated[and time was of the essence]. There are 4 people I know of who are alive today because of her .

HockeyBabe

Electoral Member
Oct 13, 2004
Seattle
Re: RE: Anyone Suprised?

missile said:
There are some times I post something completely honest and true. This is one of those times. I was in the hospital back in '96 when the doctors had to pull the plugs on my wife,but she did have a living will and wanted her organs donated[and time was of the essence]. There are 4 people I know of who are alive today because of her .

I never read that...that is sweet. I'm sorry about your wife. :cry: