That's Just Ducky

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
Odd? Nah, that sort of thing is the norm in Holland. Right, Rick? :D

Observe: "Rather startled, I watched this scene from close quarters behind the window until 19.10 hours during which time (75 minutes) I made some photographs and the mallard almost continuously copulated his dead congener. He dismounted only twice, stayed near the dead duck and picked the neck and the side of the head before mounting again. The first break (at 18.29 hours) lasted three minutes and the second break (at 18.45 hours) lasted less than a minute. At 19.12 hours, I disturbed this cruel scene."

He watched, at close quarters, took pictures, then 'disturbed this cruel scene'. After 75 feckin' minutes! And you say the English are perverted. 8) :lol: :wink:

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
:lol: :lol: :lol: Thank you, Rev, for that morning laugh. I think the scientist is stranger than the duck, but hey, who am I to judge.

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
:D Yep, definitely the norm here Henry :p I enjoyed the sentence "no one would raise an eyebrow in the liberal Netherlands", because that is quite true really! To a certain extent of course (we too have certain people who would rather see homosexuals be locked for "sodomy") ...

I do have a totally different on ducks from now on 8O

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I think the duck just didn't know....ducks mate for life right? Maybe he was in denial. You hear about people who refuse to believe their loved one has passed away and just leave the body in place it died for years and years.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
I think the duck just didn't know....ducks mate for life right?

Actually It's geese that mate for life, and swans too. Not too sure about ducks though, they are lower on the food chain and "life" may not consist for a lengthy duration. However it seems with that article that anything is possible. 8O

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I've just learned that Ducks DO NOT mate for life.

So this just proves that be they duck's or men...some are just pigs.