Texas Oil Refinery Explosion -- Watch the Gas Prices Soar...

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Texas Oil Refinery Ex

The deaths were just a matter of time though, Fubbleskag. Bush relaxed safety regulations when he was governor, then some more as president. It's a miracle it didn't happen earlier and kill more people.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
RE: Texas Oil Refinery Explosion -- Watch the Gas Prices Soa

That refinery was old and running at full tilt i'm surprised more of them haven't done the same thing .I worked in all the refinerys on the coast and they were old so you can imagine how old this one in Texas was!The oil industry is to blame they have done nothing to rebuild these plants or build new ones.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Re: Texas Oil Refinery Explosion -- Watch the Gas Prices Soa

The oil industry is to blame they have done nothing to rebuild these plants or build new ones.

They bought themselves a governor, then a president, instead. Much cheaper than building a new refinery. Besides, workers can be replaced.

fubbleskag

noYOUshutup
Sep 10, 2004
Indiana, IN
www.speedofwood.com
Re: RE: Texas Oil Refinery Ex

Reverend Blair said:
The deaths were just a matter of time though, Fubbleskag.
i'm sure this statement will do much to assuage the suffering of the dead's families.

Reverend Blair said:
Bush relaxed safety regulations when he was governor, then some more as president. It's a miracle it didn't happen earlier and kill more people.
mrmom2 said:
The oil industry is to blame they have done nothing to rebuild these plants or build new ones.
two valid points. and yet in this thread we're not blaming them for death, only for out-of-pocket.

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
Re: RE: Texas Oil Refinery Ex

Reverend Blair said:
The deaths were just a matter of time though, Fubbleskag. Bush relaxed safety regulations when he was governor, then some more as president. It's a miracle it didn't happen earlier and kill more people.

I was wondering when someone would blame Bush or the CIA for this!!

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Texas Oil Refinery Ex

He relaxed the regulations, MMMikey. Every action has a reaction.

I'm not trying to assuage the families, Fubbleskag. Just pointing out the facts. I'm also not terribly worried about the price of gas...we have cheap gas in North America and are very wasteful as a result.

Until people start worrying about more than their personal wealth and quit voting for people who do not have their best interests at heart, things like this are going to happen.

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
Re: RE: Texas Oil Refinery Explosion -- Watch the Gas Prices

mrmom2 said:
Another neocon maybe MMMike? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Neocon? Who, me? It's no so easy to classify myself under any one label. I don't stick up for Bush because I think he's the greatest leader ever.... it's more of a reaction against people who are anti Bush and anti-American to the point of loosing all sense of perspective.

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa

Dont worry about oil. THey're going to drill in a wildlife reserve in Alaska, then pipe it through Canada right into the states.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC

.... it's more of a reaction against people who are anti Bush and anti-American to the point of loosing all sense of perspective.

Sounds awful lot like neospeak.If your not with us your against us.If it walks like a duck talks like a duck it must be a? :wink: