Flying frozen chicken "missiles" baffle Australian

Col Man

Electoral Member
Jan 5, 2005
Leeds England

SYDNEY (AFP) - Australian police admitted Thursday they were mystified by a spate of apparent attacks on homes using frozen chickens as missiles.

Police in Newcastle, about 100 kilometres (62 miles) north of Sydney, said chicken carcasses had damaged at least three suburban homes in recent weeks.

They said the chickens hit the homes with great force, in some cases punching holes through tile roofs.

"If they hit anyone they could really do some damage," senior constable Tony Tamplin said.

Tamplin said one theory was that birds picked up the chickens at a nearby dump but dropped them mid-flight because they were too heavy.

But he said it was a most likely a prank by practical jokers who fired the frozen chickens from a giant catapult.

The case ruffled feathers of senior politicians in New South Wales state, leaving Premier Bob Carr pondering the mysteries of life.

"One of the things that is interesting about our life here on this planet is that sometimes the unexpected happens and chickens smashing tiles, frozen chicken hurtling through the stratosphere, is one of the mysteries of existence," he told reporters, tongue-in-cheek.

"I can't explain it. I had no role in it."

Col Man

Electoral Member
Jan 5, 2005
Leeds England

SYDNEY (AFP) - Australian police admitted Thursday they were mystified by a spate of apparent attacks on homes using frozen chickens as missiles.

Police in Newcastle, about 100 kilometres (62 miles) north of Sydney, said chicken carcasses had damaged at least three suburban homes in recent weeks.

They said the chickens hit the homes with great force, in some cases punching holes through tile roofs.

"If they hit anyone they could really do some damage," senior constable Tony Tamplin said.

Tamplin said one theory was that birds picked up the chickens at a nearby dump but dropped them mid-flight because they were too heavy.

But he said it was a most likely a prank by practical jokers who fired the frozen chickens from a giant catapult.

The case ruffled feathers of senior politicians in New South Wales state, leaving Premier Bob Carr pondering the mysteries of life.

"One of the things that is interesting about our life here on this planet is that sometimes the unexpected happens and chickens smashing tiles, frozen chicken hurtling through the stratosphere, is one of the mysteries of existence," he told reporters, tongue-in-cheek.

Col Man

Electoral Member
Jan 5, 2005
Leeds England

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Flying frozen chicken

It could be fans of the Myth Busters. They were firing frozen chickens out of a giant compressed air gun into wrecked airplanes a while back.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

It could be fans of the Myth Busters. They were firing frozen chickens out of a giant compressed air gun into wrecked airplanes a while back.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
RE: Flying frozen chicken "missiles" baffle Austra

Saw that episode! They were debating whether fresh or frozen had the most power,and the frozen won.Duh!!

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

They weren't really debating anything, they were just looking for an excuse to shoot chickens out of a compressed air gun.

That's why I love that show...they give me all sorts of bad ideas.