Canadian ghost town sold

Col Man

Electoral Member
Jan 5, 2005
Leeds England
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (Reuters) - An abandoned, but well-maintained, British Columbia mining town, complete with library, pub and hospital, has been sold to an unidentified Virginia property developer who must now decide what he wants to do with it.

The buyer paid less than C$7 million (3.03 million pounds) for Kitsault, located on a fjord near the Alaska Panhandle about 500 miles (800 km) northwest of Vancouver, the town's marketing agent said on Tuesday.

The isolated town went on the block in September after standing vacant under the watch of a caretaker for more than two decades. The residents left when a collapse in metal prices shut a nearby molybdenum mine.

Rudy Nielson of Niho Land & Cattle said 10 offers were submitted for Kitsault, which had been owned by U.S. copper giant Phelps Dodge. The company is keeping ownership of the mine site.

Nielson said the investor had not decided what to do with the site, which was once home to several thousand people and has 90 houses and 210 apartments as well as a dock, shopping centre, gym and curling rink.

"There is something about owning a town...There's a mystique about it. He'll worry about what do with it later," Nielson said.

The new owner is eyeing refurbishing the community, which is accessible by float plane and mountain road, as a vacation resort, using the area's fishing and heli-skiing potential, according to Nielson's company.

Col Man

Electoral Member
Jan 5, 2005
Leeds England
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (Reuters) - An abandoned, but well-maintained, British Columbia mining town, complete with library, pub and hospital, has been sold to an unidentified Virginia property developer who must now decide what he wants to do with it.

The buyer paid less than C$7 million (3.03 million pounds) for Kitsault, located on a fjord near the Alaska Panhandle about 500 miles (800 km) northwest of Vancouver, the town's marketing agent said on Tuesday.

The isolated town went on the block in September after standing vacant under the watch of a caretaker for more than two decades. The residents left when a collapse in metal prices shut a nearby molybdenum mine.

Rudy Nielson of Niho Land & Cattle said 10 offers were submitted for Kitsault, which had been owned by U.S. copper giant Phelps Dodge. The company is keeping ownership of the mine site.

Nielson said the investor had not decided what to do with the site, which was once home to several thousand people and has 90 houses and 210 apartments as well as a dock, shopping centre, gym and curling rink.

"There is something about owning a town...There's a mystique about it. He'll worry about what do with it later," Nielson said.

The new owner is eyeing refurbishing the community, which is accessible by float plane and mountain road, as a vacation resort, using the area's fishing and heli-skiing potential, according to Nielson's company.

Col Man

Electoral Member
Jan 5, 2005
Leeds England

Giraldi_Theirrey

Electoral Member
Jun 23, 2004
RE: Canadian ghost town s

Col Man, what are you thinking? Are you nuts? You just narrowly escaped the Canadian SS and now you wanna live in a place where long deceased Canadians would rise from their graves and eat your brains out?? Despite what the Canadians tell you. You don't have 2 lives. Canadians use this as a ploy the eliminate you for saying something just slightly negative about Canada. Don't ask me why, it is just a Canadian kinda thing. Not to mention that you can't tell a difference between a live Canuck from a dead Canuck because their blood is equally cold..... if you know what I mean. Ever saw the Dawn of the Dead movie?? Those bad guys are really Canadians. Scary and...... Canadian huh?? If you value your brain matter, don't buy that ghost town. The undead Canuck is too hungry to "sleep" right now. Not to mention that the Ottawa SS is still after you. You will end up with a two front battle. Now you know what kind of danger you are in right??

And guess what?? Peapod is saying ARISE all the time because this nasty Canuck is actually Ottawa's secret necromancer raising undead canucks and recruit them into the Canadian imperial army.

Don't buy!! If the Canucks actually get you then you may find yourself having to put up with those big-eyed Canadians for all eternity. Now that is a very scary thought.

Go watch some scary movies and you will get a good idea of what Canadians are really like.

Oh btw, don't bother checking for a pulse, and due to the uniqueness of a canadian, they have no heart.

OH CANADA!!!

Giraldi_Theirrey

Electoral Member
Jun 23, 2004

Col Man, what are you thinking? Are you nuts? You just narrowly escaped the Canadian SS and now you wanna live in a place where long deceased Canadians would rise from their graves and eat your brains out?? Despite what the Canadians tell you. You don't have 2 lives. Canadians use this as a ploy the eliminate you for saying something just slightly negative about Canada. Don't ask me why, it is just a Canadian kinda thing. Not to mention that you can't tell a difference between a live Canuck from a dead Canuck because their blood is equally cold..... if you know what I mean. Ever saw the Dawn of the Dead movie?? Those bad guys are really Canadians. Scary and...... Canadian huh?? If you value your brain matter, don't buy that ghost town. The undead Canuck is too hungry to "sleep" right now. Not to mention that the Ottawa SS is still after you. You will end up with a two front battle. Now you know what kind of danger you are in right??

And guess what?? Peapod is saying ARISE all the time because this nasty Canuck is actually Ottawa's secret necromancer raising undead canucks and recruit them into the Canadian imperial army.

Don't buy!! If the Canucks actually get you then you may find yourself having to put up with those big-eyed Canadians for all eternity. Now that is a very scary thought.

Go watch some scary movies and you will get a good idea of what Canadians are really like.

Oh btw, don't bother checking for a pulse, and due to the uniqueness of a canadian, they have no heart.

OH CANADA!!!

Giraldi_Theirrey

Electoral Member
Jun 23, 2004

OH CANADA!!!