Radio music gets cows in the mood

Col Man
A herd of cows who listen to radio music as they are milked has won a series of world cheese awards.

The 480 Holstein-Friesian cows, who provide Brue Valley Farms' cheddar cheese, are switched on to Orchard FM during their twice-daily visits to the milking parlour.

The firm, run by the Clapp family in Baltonsborough, Somerset, has notched up several gold World Cheese Awards.

Col Man
link to the above story : http://uk.news.yahoo.com/050104/344/f9lxj.html

no1important
Is "orchard fm" a real station or a farmers own station/music player?

Nevertheless cows are mammels like us humans, so music listening in all logic would or should make them feel better and more productive as well. Just like at work if you have good radio.music to listen to you will be happier and productive.

Whats the diference between your office cubicle and milking parlour? none if you really think about it.

I wish I could get a sample of that cheese.

Reverend Blair
I've never been in a dairy barn that didn't have a radio playing at milking time. Cows like country and western music, apparently.

missile
Is it true that there are some people who like it too?

Reverend Blair
Hey, cows are generally smarter than people. They don't have much musical taste though.

missile
My theory on the Mad Cow cases is that they were subjected to a steady diet of Celine Dion 'music'.

missile
My theory on the Mad Cow cases is that they were subjected to a steady diet of Celine Dion 'music'.

missile

missile
Never ever play "The Killing Floor" by Echo and The bunnymen to cows. This also is guaranteed to make them mad..

missile
Never ever play "The Killing Floor" by Echo and The bunnymen to cows. This also is guaranteed to make them mad..

missile

Reverend Blair
Echo and the Bunnymen...there's a name I haven't heard for a while.

Reverend Blair

Reverend Blair

missile
Saw one of their videos on MuchMoremusic the other day-some show on the NewWave trend of the '80's.Good stuff!

missile
Saw one of their videos on MuchMoremusic the other day-some show on the NewWave trend of the '80's.Good stuff!

missile