R.I.P FRANK Magazine

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Our only political and satirical mag has folded again-this time it's probably gone forever.Hardly any of our local newsdealers carried it,and the one that did was in our biggest shopping mall[hard for me to get to],so I only have a total of 4 different issues. I think I will try to bag and board them.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Frank, or rather something like Frank, will be back. We've got a long tradition of political satire in Canada and that will drive another project.

Something that we need in this country is to regain control of our publishing industry. It was decimated by the split run thing under NAFTA and because small market magazines always struggle anyway, it just killed magazines like Frank.

Something will rise from the ashes though. Something always does. It might even work out for the best...Frank was kind of the 600 pound gorilla of satirical political magazines in Canada. Its absence leaves room for multiple less ambitious magazines to form and build a bit of genre.

George Ho

Jan 13, 2005
Atlantic Canada Frank still exists. It may not be as brazen as the Ontario version, but is still worth a look.

George Ho

Jan 13, 2005
Atlantic Canada Frank still exists. It may not be as brazen as the Ontario version, but is still worth a look.

George Ho

Jan 13, 2005