Where is Rummy?

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada

Does anyone here knows why Donald Rumsfeld disappeared from the news all of a sudden? We don't see him or hear from him anymore. Was he told to keep his mouth shut?

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
That would be asking for a miracle, wouldn't it? Maybe there's been a lull in problems with those subversive commie-pinko do-gooder anti-American anti-decency liberal swine bastards?

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
crash said:
Wishful thinking haggis ;)

We live by our dreams, Crash. :cool: Well, maybe he's deep in the bowels of the libraries throughout the land, checking out the reading habits of card holders (as per the Patriot Act, which allows the government to track these things) (in the name of safety and freedom, of course).

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
I would not be surprised at all. Also Cheney seems at risk of losing his job. How much do you bet he 'conveniently' has a diagnosis by the doctor that he cannot carry out his duties for another term? Save face AND get rid of an embarrassment, all in one. Still, Cheney will be behind the scenes, I have no doubt about it.

crash

Nominee Member
Jul 27, 2004
Nova Scotia
Indeed, it seems as if Rumsfeld had his name hbeen mentioned in another, less publicized scandal in Afghanistan. I am not such a hater as people in this forum obviously are, I respect his plain talking nature. I think without him in the wake of Sept 11th the Republican party would have no hope of re-election. Most of the Bush administration would have to have a meeting before they could decide how they felt on a given topic. John Kerry still would probably deciding. If you don't respect his politics and obviously deviant foreign polcicy like I do you have to atleast respect his ability to talk plainly to the public. Plain talking politicans are a dying breed.....

Chaney has been virtually invisible since Sept 11th..he was never that popular with a large segment of the republican party to begin with. The Reaganites probably wish he or Bush never had offered.

I don't think in general he is doing the party any favors either. GWB could have a finger puppet that would have had more exposure in the last 4 years.

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca
There has been talk that Cheney maybe facing a Grand Jury. Both Dick and George hired private legal counsel.

Too, Bush is clearly off his rocker. From Capital Hill Blue - a newspapter published for congress...

"President George W. Bush's increasingly erratic behavior and wide mood swings has the halls of the West Wing buzzing lately as aides privately express growing concern over their leader's state of mind.

In meetings with top aides and administration officials, the President goes from quoting the Bible in one breath to obscene tantrums against the media, Democrats and others that he classifies as "enemies of the state."

Worried White House aides paint a portrait of a man on the edge, increasingly wary of those who disagree with him and paranoid of a public that no longer trusts his policies in Iraq or at home.

"It reminds me of the Nixon days," says a longtime GOP political consultant with contacts in the White House. "Everybody is an enemy; everybody is out to get him. That's the mood over there."

And just recently,

Bush Using Drugs to Control Depression, Erratic Behaviour

President George W. Bush is taking powerful anti-depressant drugs to control his erratic behavior, depression and paranoia, Capitol Hill Blue has learned.

The prescription drugs, administered by Col. Richard J. Tubb, the White House physician, can impair the President’s mental faculties and decrease both his physical capabilities and his ability to respond to a crisis, administration aides admit privately.

“It’s a double-edged sword,” says one aide. “We can’t have him flying off the handle at the slightest provocation but we also need a President who is alert mentally.” “Keep those motherfuckers away from me,” he screamed at an aide backstage. “If you can’t, I’ll find someone who can.”

Bush’s mental stability has become the topic of Washington whispers in recent months. Capitol Hill Blue first reported on June 4 about increasing concern among White House aides over the President’s wide mood swings and obscene outbursts.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
I am the staunchest anti-Bushite around, but I question this source. I cannot find anything whatsoever to substantiate this story, nor does capitolhillblue.com seem like much of a reliable source.

I think Bush is too dumb to be mentally unstable. You'd never be able to tell the difference.

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca
Captiol Hill Blue is somewhat of an "underground" newspaper but taken very seriously on the Hill and by the Washingtion crowd.

It gets information out earlier than the mainstream crowd and reports on items that mainstream media doesn't report.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
It's an insider paper designed to attract the real press...something that puts all the rumours out there to see if anybody in the media bites. It is also fairly non-partisan from what I've seen, going after Democrats and Republicans alike. "Blue" usually refers to the Democrats in US politics though, so I might be wrong on that.

There was a report after Martin met with Bush in Mexico (maybe Washington?) that he was rather put off about being asked to pray with George and surprised/offended at Bush's use of profanity. I can't remember the source for sure, but it seems to me that it was from the Globe and Mail. That verifies at least part of the Capitol Hill Blue story.

crash

Nominee Member
Jul 27, 2004
Nova Scotia
You missed the point.

Sure it doesn't exactly fit in an ideal picture of what a good christian should be and what have you, doesn't mean he is pscyho or emotionally unstable.

The "solider" in my example was simply carrying out the same double standard of his superiors of the day. In this sense there is no difference.

masalla

Jul 29, 2004
Vancouver
Dark Side Rumsfeld and Darth Chaney are negatives to the Republican hopes for re-election. I wouldn't be surprised if Bush ENGINEERED some war or terrorist activity to scare the public into voting for him again. They have little control in Iraq, (except for the oil fields) and are LOSING control in Afghanistan.
by the way, I think 'Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition' is from WW ONE!
:roll:

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
masalla said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Bush ENGINEERED some war or terrorist activity to scare the public into voting for him again.

What election? If there is another terrorist attack on American soil there will not be an election for quite some time. Guaranteed. The right of the people to vote out Bush is a fragile one at this point.

masalla

Jul 29, 2004
Vancouver
Sure, Tom Ridge is advocating to DELAY the Presidential election so that the terrorists can not interfere with the democratic process! Give his head a shake! I think he's trying to gain time for Bush, he's crying wolf too often without solid proof of anything.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
This recent scare is the worst and most blatant example of it in a long time. I really do not see how Ridge can keep a straight face when he comes up with this crap.