Erin Moran, Joanie in 'Happy Days,' dies at 56

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Erin Moran, Joanie in 'Happy Days,' dies at 56

[youtube]qrDpvwaeGpM[/youtube]

NEW YORK -- Erin Moran, the former child star who played Joanie Cunningham in the sitcoms "Happy Days" and "Joanie Loves Chachi," died Saturday at age 56.

A statement from the sheriff's department in Harrison County, Indiana, said the dispatcher "received a 911 call about an unresponsive female. Upon arrival of first responders, it was determined that Erin Moran Fleischmann was deceased. An autopsy is pending."

The dispatcher confirmed to The Associated Press that the woman was the actress, who had been married to Steven Fleischmann.

A Burbank, California native, Moran began acting in TV and movies before she was 10 years old. She had nearly a decade's worth of experience when she was cast in 1974 in "Happy Days" as Joanie Cunningham, the kid sister to high school student Richie Cunningham, played by Ron Howard.

Debuting at a time of nostalgia for the seemingly innocent 1950s, the sitcom was set in Milwaukee and soon became a hit. Howard and Henry Winkler, who played tough guy Arthur "The Fonz" Fonzarelli, were the show's biggest stars, but Moran also became popular. In 1982, she was paired off with fellow "Happy Days" performer Scott Baio in the short-lived "Joanie Loves Chachi."

Her more recent credits included "The Love Boat" and "Murder, She Wrote," but she never approached the success of "Happy Days" and was more often in the news for her numerous personal struggles.

"OH Erin... now you will finally have the peace you wanted so badly here on earth," Winkler tweeted. "Rest In It serenely now.. too soon."

source

Rest in Peace.. very sad drug addiction kills :(

Beat you by 3 seconds :lol:

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Child stars often have a tough ending, although they haven't yet said how she died.

She was unemployed, living on the streets and addicted to drugs.. very sad. What a way to go..

Erin Moran's Unhappy Days: Tragic Secrets Of Addict Actress | National Enquirer

Want to hear all your faults, get married, want to know how wonderful you are, die.

[youtube]6W6y7YhHdVE[/youtube]

Who here didn't grow up with Happy Days, Brady Bunch, Hogans Heroes and Gilligan's Island.. eh?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Scott Baio Defends His Erin Moran Drug Comments, Saying It Was Only an ‘If’

Scott Baio, Erin Moran’s former co-star on Happy Days, has refused to apologize after appearing to speculate on-air that Moran died due to drug and alcohol abuse, just hours before officials in Indiana announced she had in fact likely died from complications of stage 4 cancer.

“My thing is, I feel bad because her whole life, she was troubled, could never find what made her happy and content. For me, you do drugs or drink, you’re gonna die,” he said during an interview with The Bernie & Sid Show on Monday morning.

Baio took to Facebook to defend his comments early Tuesday morning, saying he was “very heartbroken over her passing, especially since it was cancer.”

Baio had said during the interview that he was “not completely shocked” by his co-star’s passing.

He said, “I knew Erin well. Over the last many years, I have not spoken with her. She was just an insecure human being and fell into this world of drugs and alcohol. Again, I don’t know if that’s what killed her, I’m sure it was a culmination of years and years of doing it that might have had something to do with it. She just never found her way.”
Baio swiftly became the target of social-media vitriol after the actual likely cause of death was released by officials, who also said they had found no drugs at the scene.

While a fulsome public apology would clearly have been in order, Baio instead took to Facebook to defend himself this morning, where he attempted to wriggle out of the controversy and alleged that he had been misinterpreted.

He said that he had not suggested Moran had died of a drug overdose, but only said that “if” she had it would have been a terrible thing.

Baio also claimed on Twitter that he was being attacked “only” because of his support for Donald Trump.

On his Facebook post, Baio wrote that after his wife received a text message saying Erin Moran had died on Saturday afternoon, he “was sad, in disbelief, sick to my stomach, and in complete shock.”

On Sunday evening, he wrote, “the Internet and television stations were blasting headlines ‘Erin Moran died due to a heroin overdose.’ This made me very upset and angry. This is one of my worse fears for her, or anyone else. Especially in this business. I was on an emotional rollercoaster. I hadn’t slept well since the news of her passing.

“Monday, April 24th at 6AM Pacific time I did a live radio interview. I was asked ONLY about Erin’s troubled past due to drug and alcohol abuse. I was still upset and said I felt that living that kind of a lifestyle will catch up with you and nothing good would come of it.”

Baio stressed this interview took place before the likely cause of death as cancer was announced.

“Now it seems every news outlet and tabloid wants to paint a different picture of me and of what really happened. They’re stating that I’m saying drugs caused her to die after it was reported stage 4 cancer. This is so wrong! Now I truly understand the meaning of ‘Fake News.’ This is crazy.

“I’m also trying to process this loss. Erin was my very first real girlfriend. My wife and Erin contacted each other and spoke often for over a decade. I even had her on my reality show years ago. I DID reach out to her over a span of 30 years.

“Please stop assuming the worse in me. I’m a compassionate person. I’m very heartbroken over her passing, especially since it was cancer.”

The Harrison County Sheriff's Office said Monday a “joint investigation into Mrs. Moran’s death was conducted” and “a subsequent autopsy revealed that Mrs. Moran likely succumbed to complications of stage 4 cancer.”

The sheriff also said “standard toxicology tests were performed and the results are pending, however no illegal narcotics were found at the residence.”

source

Scott is such a Trumptard