Loblaw is selling all of its 213 gas stations to Brookfield for $540 million

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Loblaw is selling all of its 213 gas stations to Brookfield for $540 million

TORONTO — Loblaw is selling its 213 gasoline stations across the country for $540 million to Brookfield Business Partners and its partners.

Toronto-based Brookfield will rebrand the stations to Mobil but the stations will continue to use the PC Plus loyalty program offered by Loblaw.

This deal will mark the introduction of the Mobil fuel brand in Canada, the companies said in a joint statement.

The proposed deal is subject to certain conditions, but is expected to occur in this year’s third quarter.

Brookfield Business Partners says it sees potential for growing the current network of Loblaw-owned gas stations and associated kiosks after the deal closes.

Loblaw says it expects the deal will be positive for its customers, gas station operators and the company itself.

Canada’s largest operator of grocery and pharmacy stores expects to use proceeds from the sale for its corporate activities.

Chevron Corp also sold its Canadian gasoline stations and refinery in British Columbia to Parkland Fuel Corp , a marketer of petroleum products, for $1.46 billion on Tuesday.

source

The "Mobil Fuel Brand" here in Canada way cool eh!!

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
I hope they don't get rid of the PC Plus points. It's convenient for me to gas up/shop at the No Frills. It's the closest grocery store when we drive into town. I gave my daughter a $100 grocery certificate at Christmas and probably collect $25/mo from shopping and the gas bar.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I hope they don't get rid of the PC Plus points. It's convenient for me to gas up/shop at the No Frills. It's the closest grocery store when we drive into town. I gave my daughter a $100 grocery certificate at Christmas and probably collect $25/mo from shopping and the gas bar.

Still intact but Petros Points is where it's at.

This week I'm offering vouchers for Goat Yoga with a min. 70L fill.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/lNT2--xltx8[/youtube]