Saudi woman, flying to Australia to escape an arranged marriage

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
forcibly removed from her flight and returned to Saudi Arabia because she didn't have permission from her male guardian to travel.

Dina Ali Lasloom, 24, intended to flee to Australia to escape a forced marriage, Human Rights Watch cited a Canadian witness as saying.

The witness said Lasloom approached her while in transit at the airport in Manila, saying "airport officials had confiscated her passport and boarding pass" for a Sydney-bound flight.

The Canadian said she helped Lasloom film social media videos about her plight. In one of them she said: "If my family comes they will kill me," HRW said...

"Lasloom's whereabouts are currently unknown," HRW said in a statement from Manila.

The Canadian witness, who spent several hours with Lasloom at the airport in Manila, reported that two of Lasloom's uncles arrived, the New York-based watchdog said.

It also quoted an airline security official as saying he heard Lasloom "screaming and begging for help" on Tuesday before security personnel and men who appeared to be Middle Eastern carried her "with duct tape on her mouth, feet and hands" at the airport...

Asked about the HRW statement by AFP on Friday, the Philippine immigration department said it had held no one of Lasloom's name and no Saudi national.

"There was no Saudi national by that name who presented herself," spokeswoman Antonette Mangrobang...

The spokeswoman said that if Lasloom was a transiting passenger, then she would not have passed through immigration and it would have been up to the airline to decide what happened to her.

video

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/3504742...-fleeing-to-australia-forced-back-to-kingdom/

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Don't anyone say anything negative about this because you don't want to be Islamophobic...

I'm not really Islamophobic. It's more of 'Religionphobic". I hate them all and think all those who blindly believe such bullsh!t are weak-minded and lack logic and reason.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
After seeing the outback I wonder how she will feel about swamps?
She never saw the outback........ Dina Ali Lasloom, 24, intended to flee to Australia to escape a forced marriage

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
. . . and the outback is in which country?? Once she gets a year of that water, water everywhere might be the kind of property she is looking for. Canada has lots of that.
Need I say more??