'Journalists' Seek 'Safe Space' To Discuss "How To Cover Trump"

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
After the president-elect's first press conference since the election this week, it appears the mainstream media is in need of a 'safe space'. As The Hill reports, so-called journalists from the Huffington Post, Slate, CNN, and Univision will gather days before Donald Trump’s inauguration to publicly discuss "how the news media can and should proceed to cover" the president-elect.
After this happened...

Slate will host the event next Wednesday, called “Not the New Normal.” CNN’s Brian Stelter will moderate the panel at New York University. As The Hill details,
The focus of the discussion will include "how journalists and media companies at large can play a bigger role in making sure that fact prevails over fiction in the coming months and years," according to Slate.

Slate’s editor in chief Julia Turner and Slate Group chairman Jacob Weisberg — who hosts “Trumpcast,” a podcast dedicated to covering the president-elect — will participate in the panel.

Joining them will be Borja Echevarría, Univision Digital’s vice president and editor in chief; Huffington Post editor in chief Lydia Polgreen and New Yorker editor David Remnick.

Most of the panelists were staunchly critical of Trump during the campaign and since Election Day.
Tickets will cost $30, with proceeds benefiting the Committee to Protect Journalists.

This is the first time Slate has hosted a panel to discuss how to cover an incoming president.

Mainstream Media Meltdown: 'Journalists' Seek 'Safe Space' To Discuss "How To Cover Trump" | Zero Hedge

Journalists join together for panel on how to cover Trump | TheHill

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
It's pretty obvious that the key is to only publish material that puts the administration and it's after in a positive light. No more fake news.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
...or possibly provide facts of anything else
naw:
they have proven they are too st0opid and criminal

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
so does the beeb and the cbc

ooops
i forgot the WAPO...and the toronto sun

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
so does the beeb and the cbc

ooops
i forgot the WAPO...and the toronto sun

No, no. The beeb was singled out for mention by the Glorious Leader during his "news" conference.

I'm sure that the beeb is actively tracking down those "fake news" videos, after that.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
Media's troubles would be over if they started reporting on Trump honestly, stopped twisting his words. putting words in his mouth and creating innuendo about the meaning of what he says.
Journalists don't seem to have a very good understanding of the English language. I heard on this a.m. use the word, homogeneous. She pronounced it 'Homo-jeen-ous.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Media's troubles would be over if they started reporting on Trump honestly, stopped twisting his words. putting words in his mouth and creating innuendo about the meaning of what he says.
Journalists don't seem to have a very good understanding of the English language. I heard on this a.m. use the word, homogeneous. She pronounced it 'Homo-jeen-ous.

Honestly being "pro Trump"? The only proof that any of us have so far that anything that has been said about Trump is false, is Trump DEMANDING rather forcefully that it is false. Kim Jong-un's got nothing on Trump.

Yup.

ˌhōməˈjēnēəs

The pronounciation is right. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/homogeneous

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
one is a dictator ( ), and one, (I'll fill in the blank for you ..(trump ) was elected.
if you can't tell the difference, perhaps you should just stick to commententing on important stuff like sports

true or false appears to be very difficult for you salty pizza gate supportears

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
one is a dictator ( ), and one, (I'll fill in the blank for you ..(trump ) was elected.
if you can't tell the difference, perhaps you should just stick to commententing on important stuff like sports

true or false appears to be very difficult for you salty pizza gate supportears

Trump was elected by a minority, then he finagled his way into power. Hitler was elected democratically, too. His presidency is not legitimate.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a5b3Um5Ofs
CNN Anchors Get Pissed When the Realize That Everyone Hates Them!!

your snowflakey team in action
lol!

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Trump's troubles would be closer to over if he'd stop the juvenile antics on Twitter

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Trump was elected by a minority, then he finagled his way nto power. Hitler was elected democratically, too.

yeah, get off it:
except for all the HILLARY CLINTON vote frauds that came out because of the recounts, and the illegals that were bussed in after OBAMA told them they could vote with immunity

so you flakes keep saying that, but it has already been proven BS:
unlike the convictions for vote fraud that got obama and clinton into the primaries in the first place
I've posted the links enough times - I am sure you have seen them...
tho there wasn't too many pictures, I'm sure you got it

oh here is a good one:
YOUR TEAM
lol!
Published on Jan 7, 2017
Sub for more: http://nnn.is/the_new_media | Randy DeSoto for Western Journalism reports, CNN is the least trusted cable news network, according to a new poll published Wednesday. The survey, conducted by Rasmussen Reports, found that 75 percent of likely voters watch at least some cable news each week. Of those, 42 percent watch Fox News, 35 percent CNN and 19 percent MSNBC.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
yeah, get off it:
except for the all the HILLARY CLINTON vote frauds that came out because of the recounts, and the illegals that were bussed in after OBAMA told them they could vote with immunity

so you flakes keep saying that, but it has already been proven BS:
unlike the convictions for vote fraud that got obama and clinton into the primaries in the first place

I'm a Canadian who doesn't give a flying fukc about pizza, salt, Clinton, Democrats or any other bullshyte Americanisms. A mutant freak is about to seize power, there, put there by ignorant Hillbillies and we are going to suffer for it.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
mutant freak?
sez who?
you?
you sound like one for sure
:)
prove you are not one

cnn that sez same as you:
least trusted network
(see edit above)
lol

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
After the president-elect's first press conference since the election this week, it appears the mainstream media is in need of a 'safe space'. As The Hill reports, so-called journalists from the Huffington Post, Slate, CNN, and Univision will gather days before Donald Trump’s inauguration to publicly discuss "how the news media can and should proceed to cover" the president-elect.
After this happened...

Slate will host the event next Wednesday, called “Not the New Normal.” CNN’s Brian Stelter will moderate the panel at New York University. As The Hill details,
The focus of the discussion will include "how journalists and media companies at large can play a bigger role in making sure that fact prevails over fiction in the coming months and years," according to Slate.

Slate’s editor in chief Julia Turner and Slate Group chairman Jacob Weisberg — who hosts “Trumpcast,” a podcast dedicated to covering the president-elect — will participate in the panel.

Joining them will be Borja Echevarría, Univision Digital’s vice president and editor in chief; Huffington Post editor in chief Lydia Polgreen and New Yorker editor David Remnick.

Most of the panelists were staunchly critical of Trump during the campaign and since Election Day.
Tickets will cost $30, with proceeds benefiting the Committee to Protect Journalists.

This is the first time Slate has hosted a panel to discuss how to cover an incoming president.

Mainstream Media Meltdown: 'Journalists' Seek 'Safe Space' To Discuss "How To Cover Trump" | Zero Hedge

Journalists join together for panel on how to cover Trump | TheHill

Whould honestyand accuracy be too much to ask of them?