Ice hut rentals on lake Nipissing.....

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I wonder if this has to do with daily limits

IceHutRentals has now posted an apology to its Facebook page.
It reads, "To Local Native Canadians, We sincerelly (sic) apologize from the bottom of our hearts for the confusion and thusly hurtful feelings that may have resulted from our poorly worded kijiji (sic) ad. Our ad was not ment (sic) to imply you are not welcome at our huts. Everyone is welcome at our huts on Sunset Point, Lake Nipissing. While in our huts we kindly ask you to obey the house rules. Everyone in our huts is to fish under one set of rules and regulations. You may still fish with us as long as Ontario 2017 fishing regulations are followed. This is to ensure our fishing location is not abused and that every guest in our huts is on a level playing field. Again we sincerely apologize for any hurt feelings and confusion our poorly worded ad has caused. My mother taught me to treat everyone equally. We are color blind. We are sorry."
Sincerely, Marc David Hyndman
CEO IceHutRentals.ca

https://www.sudbury.com/around-the-north/ice-hut-rental-ad-draws-complaints-of-racism-501987

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Lots of people were talking about this at work today. Alot of people think its wrong but there was friendly banter back and forth between whites and the First Nations.

But in all honesty that was a stupid add because anyone thats fishing Nipissing like me knows that the majority of people there are First Nations.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot for real

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Until five years ago, I used to camp a Dutrisac Camp-ground on lake Nipissing near sturgeon falls for about three weeks every year since 2000, and instead of renting a boat to go fishing, I would buy the pickerel fillets at the native village down the road.......

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Until five years ago, I used to camp a Dutrisac Camp-ground on lake Nipissing near sturgeon falls for about three weeks every year since 2000, and instead of renting a boat to go fishing, I would buy the pickerel fillets at the native village down the road.......

Yea theyre real bad for netting and i disagree with it 100% it needs to stop.

What pisses me off is that because they have a "pass" to take all they want and like hunting the ministry doesnt record the numbers that the First Nations take, we will never have accurate numbers of the fauna in the forest. Its a flawed system no doubt but its the government who encourages the practice and the government that has made them a welfare people.

On the flip side the reason why the pickeral fishing sucks so much in say the cache bay area for example is because of the ministry of natural resources. I cant remember what exactly they did but they screwed the lake up to begin with.

Yay!!! Go incompetant government, please take more of my money..

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Go to lavinge and hit up the west arm. There is this one shoal (only one) that stands out in the middle near the end. If your going to land pickeral its going to be there
Haven't been out there in five years...since I sold my truck and fifth wheel trailer...
Used to do the festival run around the province since 2000...
Now I only go to Tottenham Bluegrass.....

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Lol thats cheap... Just snag them with a 4 inch cyclops spoon. Better than a sinker and treble hook.
I used that during the pike run, during daylight hours and snag them by the mouth, and also make sure I didn't get more than six...also making sure that the ones I caught didn't any body marks...
One time the game MNR officer showed up just as i was leaving, and he tells me you can't be catching pike during the run....because they don't bite.....
I said no???
There was this big one (almost 36 inches) in that pool I was fishing that I hadn't tried because he had snare marks .....
I swung down the rod I was using and the spoon slapped the water just besides it.....he just turned and snapped at the spoon and bit....
The game warden must have known that old trick...he looked at me and said "Now you're over your limit"
I threw back in the smallest one and winked at him and said "not any more"

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Lol thats cheap... Just snag them with a 4 inch cyclops spoon. Better than a sinker and treble hook.
jeez
i get enough pike on cyclops just trolling the right spots in the spring
lol
blue on sunny days, red on cloudy ones

the pike snag themselves
all i have to do is boat em, clean em, cook em, and eat em

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
jeez
i get enough pike on cyclops just trolling the right spots in the spring
lol
blue on sunny days, red on cloudy ones

the pike snag themselves
all i have to do is boat em, clean em, cook em, and eat em

Back in the day during one of my work stints in Northern Saskatchewan i seen my boss put a piece of flagging on a #2 single hook. He caught a pike like that, lol... You are right they do catch themselves

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Sad that so many ignoramuses here don't know the difference between Pickerel and Walleye

Sadder still is that the same ignorant doofuses admit to poaching-and think they're being funny.