Castro's Funeral

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Fidel Castro funeral presents dilemma for world leaders

Most countries choose middle-ranking delegations for ceremony in Havana next week, with Russia’s Vladimir Putin and Britain’s Theresa May opting out

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/28/fidel-castro-funeral-putin-theresa-may

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Looks like you can count our PM out too, Eagle...........with the backlash he facing in the wake of remarks he made about Fidel, it was announced today that he will not be in attendance.

HarperCons

Council Member
Oct 18, 2015
Looks like you can count our PM out too, Eagle...........with the backlash he facing in the wake of remarks he made about Fidel, it was announced today that he will not be in attendance.
Disgraceful, considering Fidel was at his father's funeral.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Disgraceful, considering Fidel was at his father's funeral.

I would have no problem with him attending were he a private citizen. As the leaders of other countries including the US and Britain are opting to send delegates rather than attend themselves, I am happy to see the PM stay home and send the GG in his stead.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
To his credit traitor Bush did not attend the funeral of fascist dictator Suharto whose record of tyranny far exceeded Saddam:

''Former Labor Party Prime Minister Paul Keating, who attended the funeral with Attorney General Robert McClelland, told the Australian that he warmly remembered Suharto as an old friend. He dismissed the attention given to Suharto’s record on human rights and corruption as “missing the point”, adding as an aside that “the only point where that’s an issue is on [East] Timor* and on the PKI.” Keating declared,
... the emergence of Suharto’s New Order government as “the single most beneficial strategic development to have affected Australia and its region in the past 30 years.” ...
These apologetics are politically telling. For those who lived through this period or have studied it, Suharto’s atrocities rank among the worst of the century. Just over a year ago, Saddam Hussein was found guilty in a rigged trial in US-occupied Iraq and executed for crimes that pale beside the bloodletting carried out by Suharto in the 1965 coup. The widow of ousted President Sukarno said of Suharto’s legacy: “He was Indonesia’s Pol Pot”

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2008/01/suha-j30.html

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indonesian_invasion_of_East_Timor

Because of this, the right wing has no complaint over people honoring Castro whose evils do not even begin to approach the political crimes of Suharto who was honored by some Westerners.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I don't know why anyone would be compelled to attend this azzholes funeral in the pretense that they give a shyt. Throw that b*tches carcase in the dirt and be done with it and good riddance.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Justin will be there, crying his eyes out. Chances are onbehalf of all Canadians he'll donate 12 million to cover funeral expenses.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You fellers don't have a real high opinion of that guy.

Justin or Fidel? Fidel definitely had more balls and he did greatly increase the standard of living of his people. I think in his younger day he was a little rough around the edges, whereas Justin is just stupid and really benefitting nobody.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I was referring to Justin

Justin has had over a year to prove himself & so far we've seen nothing of benefit to us. Our dollar buys much less than it did a year ago. Where is all this infrastructure that was promised? Costs have sky rocketed. He's just a brat who was born with a platinum spoon in his mouth. I'd like to see him go setting chokers or pulling boards off a green chain for a year. :)

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Justin has had over a year to prove himself & so far we've seen nothing of benefit to us. Our dollar buys much less than it did a year ago. Where is all this infrastructure that was promised? Costs have sky rocketed. He's just a brat who was born with a platinum spoon in his mouth. I'd like to see him go setting chokers or pulling boards off a green chain for a year. :)
I don't know anything of Canadian politics. Canadian Railroad Trilogy by Gordon Lightfoot is all I know of Canada.:).

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Justin or Fidel? Fidel definitely had more balls and he did greatly increase the standard of living of his people. I think in his younger day he was a little rough around the edges, whereas Justin is just stupid and really benefitting nobody.

I guess you know little about Cuba

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015