The Great Debate

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
as I predicted

...and yeah, we are Canadian
but we seem to be able to decipher American politics better then a sizable slice of Americana does
(Well, excluding MF...but we really don't know where he is from)

Clinton is no big deal
lets see how Trump does against diebold

say weren't you shilling for Hillary a couple days ago?

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Trump's got my vote and my money (maximum legal donation), which is more'n he'll ever get from your sorry Canadian a*s.
You've been a peeping Tom, my as-s has been sorry ever since it developed a crack and a hole.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
I thought the debate was terrible - Donald couldn't seem to put a sentence together that made any sense and Hillary continued with her lies (as usual) and seemed pretty smug. I don't envy the American Public at all in having to chose between them.

My score would put Hillary slightly ahead. Trump needs to present his ideas in a more concise and clear manner. He tends to go "off" and never gets to the point. Having said that though, neither one of them actually answered any questions in my opinion. They both stated that we "need to do this and we need to do that" never stating exactly how they were actually going to do it.

Actually, in retrospect, Donald did explain how he would bring jobs back to America; lowering taxes, taxing imports made by American companies in other jurisdictions (i.e. Mexico) so at least that's something. Hillary simply mentioned helping the "middle class" but with no specifics. I too would like to eliminate poverty but just saying it won't make it happen.

I look forward to the remaining debates.

JMHO

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
I don't have a vote, but for me Hillary came across so much superior in both knowledge and intelligence it was painful to watch. She is very articulate, and her comfort level came through loud and clear. The poor guy was breathing heavy for a while, and he looked stunned. She did surpassed him 100%, hopefully he'll do better in the next debate.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I don't have a vote,
THANK YOU for acknowledging that! It's amazing how rare that is. Of course you have an opinion, and you have an interest. The U.S. has so much clout in the world that everybody has an interest who is President. Especially Canada, considering the proximity and how intertwined our economies are.

but for me Hillary came across so much superior in both knowledge and intelligence it was painful to watch. She is very articulate, and her comfort level came through loud and clear. The poor guy was breathing heavy for a while, and he looked stunned. She did surpassed him 100%, hopefully he'll do better in the next debate.
Son, we don't want any o' them thar smooth-talking lawyers. We wanna MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
I was disappointed in the debate.
Trump came out looking nervous and tired ( I thought) and he kept sniffing as if he had a sinus infection.
Hillary outwitted him with her smooth talk. She put him on the defensive and he allowed it to happen.
When he started babbling and defending himself, I could imaging his supporters groaning.
I think she won that debate but she did it with trickery and articulation, NOT with any substantial wisdom or insight into a better future.
It was more of a loss for Trump than a win for her. Hopefully, he will have learned a few things and will do better next time around.
I also thought that the questions the moderator put to them could have been more about policy and less about Trump's past mistakes. Although he hid it well, I think there was some bias there.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I only watched until the mud slinging started, so no opinion from me yet.
I'll watch the fair and balanced opinions first then switch to CNN and MSNBC for a view from the Liberal pundits. Then make up my mind....
I can already guess the opinions of this forum membership before they post them :wink:

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
I'm sure that similar to Canada, the candidates are aware of the questions and have some say on the choice of those questions. This was an opportunity the Trump to not show his bigotry against women (even if it would be fake, he should have hidden it at all cost). When he brought up his opponents stamina!, and had already said: "I want you to be happy", why would anybody say that??? that is so condescending and I would use that as a clear hit on women. And that guy Pence is hurting Trump, his pretence of incredulous on some things Hillary is saying/doing; when Trump has done 3x worst is phony and 'no way no how' anybody can be that stupid, so indirectly he's making the undecided group appear as simpleton.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I was disappointed in the debate.
Trump came out looking nervous and tired ( I thought) and he kept sniffing as if he had a sinus infection.
Hillary outwitted him with her smooth talk. She put him on the defensive and he allowed it to happen.
When he started babbling and defending himself, I could imaging his supporters groaning.
I think she won that debate but she did it with trickery and articulation, NOT with any substantial wisdom or insight into a better future.
It was more of a loss for Trump than a win for her. Hopefully, he will have learned a few things and will do better next time around.
I also thought that the questions the moderator put to them could have been more about policy and less about Trump's past mistakes. Although he hid it well, I think there was some bias there.
I wondered if Trump snorted coke before the debate. He also became unglued at times, panting, looking like he was about to have a stroke. Maybe he has pneumonia, I don't know. They need to find out what's going on with his out of control body functions.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I wondered if Trump snorted coke before the debate. He also became unglued at times, panting, looking like he was about to have a stroke. Maybe he has pneumonia, I don't know. They need to find out what's going on with his out of control body functions.

No more debates until we know what the hell is going on.