Ohio officer kills robbery suspect, 13, who had BB gun

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
oh well.

(CNN)A police officer shot and killed a 13-year-old robbery suspect in Ohio's capital after the boy, who is black, pulled a BB gun out of his waistband, police said. City leaders said the shooting would be investigated thoroughly to determine whether charges are warranted.

The boy, Tyre King, died at a hospital after an officer shot him several times Wednesday evening outside a house in east-central Columbus, police said. Earlier, police said the boy's name was Tyree.

King, an eighth-grader who lived in the city, had a BB gun that "looks practically identical" to the type of handgun that Columbus police carry, police Chief Kim Jacobs said Thursday.

"This is the last thing that a police officer wants to do in their career. Unfortunately ... it becomes necessary at times to defend themselves," Jacobs told reporters at a news conference in Columbus.

mo

Tyre King shooting: Ohio officer kills robbery suspect, 13, who had BB gun - CNN.com

could be another breakout of um, bad behavior.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Took one off a guy in a bar I was running once.
I just grabbed it out of his hand from his blind side, and put it inside my jacket pocket, and walked out of the bar, so customers didn't see it and panic.
I didn't know it was a BB gun till I was out in the lobby, and pulled it out of my pocket, and I tilted it so I could see to make safe and unload, and I heard the bbs rattle around inside. In a quick moment, with loud noise, and bad lighting, they ARE hard to spot.

So while I sympathize with the cop for the above reason, there are other ways to do things sometimes that are much less permanent.
ah fikk...
and sometimes not

Also, while I stood there with the gun in my hand, someone had seen the gun, and called the cops, who's station was about 100 feet from the bar. Four cops walked into the bar, past me two to a side, and didn't even see the gun in my hand, which was at the instant being held open palm up, right in front of me.

Again they are damn hard to spot under certain circumstances

Last edited: