Streetcar cop found guilty

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

Yatim's mother, Sahar Bahadi, said she "would now like to be part of the discussion to change the police training policies when dealing with people in crisis so this painful incident does not repeat again."
I agree with her.

"Nothing in this world will compensate me for the loss of my son nor will anything bring him back to me," she said. "But I would like, for the sake of this great country, for the police to remain a source of confidence, security and respect for all people"
Good for her.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
Of course, this is Canada, not the US. Anybody, including cops that clearly murders someone, goes to jail. That is why the Canadian Black Matters is a 'want a be' with no substance.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
anyway, I'm sure the girl and others he threatened with the knife don't really care too terribly much.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
anyway, I'm sure the girl and others he threatened with the knife don't really care too terribly much.

Guess it's best to let criminals just kill and rob people. That's the message I would see if I was a cop.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Did say it was? Once the car was empty, the danger was gone ... except for the cop who took it upon himself to be judge and jury. All they had to do was wait him out. If the cop had have been a civilian, the sentence would have been a lot more severe ... and good thing he wasn't Muslim or a "lefty"

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
The ruling says that the first three shots "immobilized" Yatim as a safety measure (killed him, actually) but that the subsequent rounds pumped into him were specifically meant to kill him, hence the murder conviction. The police are not executioners, or, they are not supposed to be and it sems that Fortillo doesn't get that.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Cops gotta learn to shoot straighter, one bullet between the eyes is all that is needed.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Rule is very simple;

Confront a cop with a weapon, your dead!!!

Got it??

You're gonna be dropping like flies, down in the Exited States where everyone needs to sling an AR-15 on their backs so that freedom will ring.

GOT THAT, ADOLPH?