Faced with fraud case, Trump brings up judge's 'Mexican' heritage

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

(CNN)A spokeswoman for Donald Trump on Monday continued a line of criticism launched by Trump about a California judge who is overseeing a fraud case against him. She also suggested that the judge's Hispanic heritage and membership in a Latino lawyers association would affect his ability to judge the case.

The criticism comes days after Trump himself said at a rally that U.S. District Court Judge Gonzalo Curiel "happens to be, we believe, Mexican," criticizing him for scheduling a trial for the suit against Trump University in November.

Appearing on CNN's "New Day," spokeswoman Katrina Pierson criticized Curiel for being a member of the La Raza Lawyer's Association, which is a leading Latino lawyers group in California. Curiel is a member of the organization's San Diego chapter.

"I think what's really interesting about this particular judge -- as Mr. Trump refers to him as a 'Trump hater' -- is he even mentions on his judicial questionnaire that he was a La Raza Lawyers Association member," Pierson said, apparently referring to the questionnaire Curiel filled out when his confirmation was being considered by the Senate. "This is an organization that has been out there organizing anti-Trump protesters with the Mexican flags -- they are pushing it. The signs have been very apparent. And so Mr. Trump is just stating the obvious."

CNN has reached out to the La Raza Lawyers Association's national office and the San Diego chapter, but calls were not immediately returned.

"New Day" host Alisyn Camerota replied that Curiel, contrary to Trump's assertion, is U.S.-born and pushed back on making an issue of his ethnicity. "Why's (Trump) saying he's Mexican? What's the point?"

After arguing that Trump had only said that "we believe" Curiel is Mexican, Pierson continued to try to link the judge to anti-Trump protesters.

"Well, it's because of what we see outside of these rallies, these anti-Trump rallies, these criminal rallies, these criminal protesters out there defacing property and attacking police officers. They're doing so under the guise of an anti-Trump protest, with their Mexican flags, and La Raza and this judge is connected to that," Pierson said.

Efforts to reach Curiel on Monday were not immediately successful.

Trump ripped Curiel on Friday after the judge ruled parts of internal documents, including "playbooks" regarding running the enterprise, should be released as part of a lawsuit against Trump University, which operated from 2005 to 2010.

The playbooks, which include ones from 2009 and 2010, detail how the venture worked, how Trump University events were run and how to sell programs to customers.

Curiel wrote that there is public interest in the case as Trump has become "the front-runner in the Republican nomination in the 2016 presidential race, and has placed the integrity of these court proceedings at issue."

Trump on Friday argued there was no need to schedule a trial for the Trump University fraud suit, while noting Curiel's heritage.

"The trial is going to take place sometime in November. There should be no trial. This should have been dismissed on summary judgment easily, everybody says it. But I have a judge who is a hater of Donald Trump, a hater. He's a hater," Trump said.

Trump added, "The judge, who happens to be, we believe, Mexican, which is great. I think that's fine."

source: Faced with fraud case, Trump brings up judge's 'Mexican' heritage - CNNPolitics.com

Typical American, the Judge was born in the USA... but because his heritage is Hispanic, the Judge is now suddenly Mexican.. WTF!! Racist Fukk.

If the Judge is Mexican, Chump is German..

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Yup the Real Donald Trump is showing his colours... attacking a Judge because of his Mexican heritage, and who can forget his attack on Obama for his Birth Certificate.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD1MZnAUxbs

The judge isn’t Mexican, He’s American. Just like Trump who's Grandfather was an Immigrant.

The apple sure doesn't fall from from the tree.. Trump is a Scammer Trump University

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
He really needs to change is slogan now " Crooked Hilary" - appears he might be slightly more corrupt. Hilary has an opening here and should take it, and start calling him " Donald the fleece".

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
He really needs to change is slogan now " Crooked Hilary" - appears he might be slightly more corrupt. Hilary has an opening here and should take it, and start calling him " Donald the fleece".

Every time thst he has barkrupted, he has stolen megamillions from other people. However troubling Hillary's transgressions are to you, she is not a serial thief like Donsld is.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
5 posts out of 9 BOOMer on your own thread . Are you getting any traction ? Or is your exploding head going BOOM BOOM ?
Now I will try and read them .

The oracle of Steven King has spoken and determined that BOOMer no longer has to worry .
I wonder why BOOM BOOM .

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.

(CNN)A spokeswoman for Donald Trump on Monday continued a line of criticism launched by Trump about a California judge who is overseeing a fraud case against him. She also suggested that the judge's Hispanic heritage and membership in a Latino lawyers association would affect his ability to judge the case.

The criticism comes days after Trump himself said at a rally that U.S. District Court Judge Gonzalo Curiel "happens to be, we believe, Mexican," criticizing him for scheduling a trial for the suit against Trump University in November.

Appearing on CNN's "New Day," spokeswoman Katrina Pierson criticized Curiel for being a member of the La Raza Lawyer's Association, which is a leading Latino lawyers group in California. Curiel is a member of the organization's San Diego chapter.

"I think what's really interesting about this particular judge -- as Mr. Trump refers to him as a 'Trump hater' -- is he even mentions on his judicial questionnaire that he was a La Raza Lawyers Association member," Pierson said, apparently referring to the questionnaire Curiel filled out when his confirmation was being considered by the Senate. "This is an organization that has been out there organizing anti-Trump protesters with the Mexican flags -- they are pushing it. The signs have been very apparent. And so Mr. Trump is just stating the obvious."

CNN has reached out to the La Raza Lawyers Association's national office and the San Diego chapter, but calls were not immediately returned.

"New Day" host Alisyn Camerota replied that Curiel, contrary to Trump's assertion, is U.S.-born and pushed back on making an issue of his ethnicity. "Why's (Trump) saying he's Mexican? What's the point?"

After arguing that Trump had only said that "we believe" Curiel is Mexican, Pierson continued to try to link the judge to anti-Trump protesters.

"Well, it's because of what we see outside of these rallies, these anti-Trump rallies, these criminal rallies, these criminal protesters out there defacing property and attacking police officers. They're doing so under the guise of an anti-Trump protest, with their Mexican flags, and La Raza and this judge is connected to that," Pierson said.

Efforts to reach Curiel on Monday were not immediately successful.

Trump ripped Curiel on Friday after the judge ruled parts of internal documents, including "playbooks" regarding running the enterprise, should be released as part of a lawsuit against Trump University, which operated from 2005 to 2010.

The playbooks, which include ones from 2009 and 2010, detail how the venture worked, how Trump University events were run and how to sell programs to customers.

Curiel wrote that there is public interest in the case as Trump has become "the front-runner in the Republican nomination in the 2016 presidential race, and has placed the integrity of these court proceedings at issue."

Trump on Friday argued there was no need to schedule a trial for the Trump University fraud suit, while noting Curiel's heritage.

"The trial is going to take place sometime in November. There should be no trial. This should have been dismissed on summary judgment easily, everybody says it. But I have a judge who is a hater of Donald Trump, a hater. He's a hater," Trump said.

Trump added, "The judge, who happens to be, we believe, Mexican, which is great. I think that's fine."

source: Faced with fraud case, Trump brings up judge's 'Mexican' heritage - CNNPolitics.com

Typical American, the Judge was born in the USA... but because his heritage is Hispanic, the Judge is now suddenly Mexican.. WTF!! Racist Fukk.

If the Judge is Mexican, Chump is German..
This is how I see it,when the court date arrives a different Justice will be residing,then I will be listening to Mr.Trumps bull crap to see what he is going to say,better yet the court dates should be arranged before election time.
I would like to believe the Judge Mr.Trump is talking about would do the Honourable response and not rein over this case,then again I am reminded I experienced these romantic thoughts before,I was fooled,Some Judges do lack in ethical boundaries.This was one of my major stumbling blocks when I came to realizations that the Judicial system is as corrupt as the rest of the world,hence this is why I like pie.
A nice strong female Prosecutor should be within the design of Trumps court case,
In reality Mr.Trumps dementia will be full blown,probably unfit for the trial.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
There will always be people willing to blindly follow fools. They are so intent on believing the BS "The Donald" is spewing that they don't want to see that this man is a total moron, he can't even give a proper speech. I watched 'his' people speaking on his behalf and they are not very bright or showing much judgement in 'any' topic thrown at them. Remember that some people followed Jim Jones to South America;!! a total utter idiot; he even looked like a pervert. People join cults ran by bunches of creepy self professed prophets, who are 99% sex addicts or pedophiles. Thousands are willing to follow this egotistical joke for all the wrong reason. He has no experience, no policy or plans, he's laughing at disable people, woman, other race, a while his own kids are only 1/2 American, his wives were not Americans.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
There will always be people willing to blindly follow fools. They are so intent on believing the BS "The Donald" is spewing that they don't want to see that this man is a total moron, he can't even give a proper speech. I watched 'his' people speaking on his behalf and they are not very bright or showing much judgement in 'any' topic thrown at them. Remember that some people followed Jim Jones to South America;!! a total utter idiot; he even looked like a pervert. People join cults ran by bunches of creepy self professed prophets, who are 99% sex addicts or pedophiles. Thousands are willing to follow this egotistical joke for all the wrong reason. He has no experience, no policy or plans, he's laughing at disable people, woman, other race, a while his own kids are only 1/2 American, his wives were not Americans.

Yeah, two of his wives were not US Citizens, Mail Order Brides... Lucky he inherited his daddy's money, because with those small hands... :lol:

www.youtu.be/rlvskRTzVnE

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
I watched 'his' people speaking on his behalf and they are not very bright or showing much judgement in 'any' topic thrown at them.

Are you sure you're not describing CC? Sounds a lot like what I've seen from a lot of people here over the years. :)

He has no experience, no policy or plans, he's laughing at disable people, woman, other race, a while his own kids are only 1/2 American, his wives were not Americans.

So much you can use against Trump and the best you can do is a bunch of lies and half truths? Lol. Did his wives sneak in illegally? No? Then what's your point? You got a problem with LEGAL immigrants? You some kind of due process racist or something? :)

Realistic future under Trump?

All these Nazi references crack me up when it's actually the anti-Trumpers that are acting like the jack-booted brownshirts of Kristallnacht fame. :)

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Donald Trump Is Correct To Hit ‘La Raza’ Judge For Latino Identity Politics

The controversy erupted when Trump told CNN’s Jake Tapper that Gonzalo Curiel – the judge in the Trump University class action lawsuit – might not give him a fair shake because of the judge’s connection to Mexican political activism. After critics bemoaned such an accusation as racism, Trump doubled down on “Face the Nation.”

“[Judge Curiel] is a member of a club or society, very strongly pro-Mexican, which is all fine,” Trump told CBS’s John Dickerson. “But I say he’s got bias.” The club Trump was referring to was La Raza Lawyers; an organization with the stated mission “to promote the interests of the Latino communities throughout the state.”

Translated, “la raza” means “the race.” Imagine the outcry if white attorneys from Mississippi, such as this author, started a a legal association called “The Race” with the stated mission to promote the interest of white, Southern communities. Hollywood stars and entertainers, such as Bryan Adams, would boycott the state in perpetuity.

Donald Trump Is Correct To Hit ‘La Raza’ Judge For Latino Identity Politics - Breitbart

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Before the lynching of The Donald proceeds, what exactly was it he said about that Hispanic judge?

Stated succinctly, Donald Trump said U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel, who is presiding over a class-action suit against Trump University, is sticking it to him. And the judge’s bias is likely rooted in the fact that he is of Mexican descent.

Can there be any defense of a statement so horrific?

Just this. First, Trump has a perfect right to be angry about the judge’s rulings and to question his motives. Second, there are grounds for believing Trump is right.

On May 27, Curiel, at the request of The Washington Post, made public plaintiff accusations against Trump University — that the whole thing was a scam. The Post, which Bob Woodward tells us has 20 reporters digging for dirt in Trump’s past, had a field day.

And who is Curiel?

An appointee of President Obama, he has for years been associated with the La Raza Lawyers Association of San Diego, which supports pro-illegal immigrant organizations.

mo

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2016/06/patrick-j-buchanan/trump-la-raza-judge/