Morley Safer, 84, dead, RIP

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
A great reporter and story teller. One of those people I've watched most of my life. One of those familiar voices and faces that are part of you and your views of the world as he shared them with you. A Canadian son who loved his country. Rest in Peace.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
I don't blame him one bit for taking his shot at fame, Walter. That he achieved his goal and still held his birth country dear to his heart is a credit to the man.

Very true. He told me that himself about 15 years ago. Like many Canadians, he knew where fame and fortune lay. You gotta go south to the US. I asked him if he ever regretted going to the States. He said no. Whenever he felt like going home, he could visit anytime. It's not being able to go that makes things tough.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
In the interview with 60 minutes exec. producer he spoke of how Morley was proud to be Canadian and loved his country. .. Two words for you Walter. ~ Seek Therapy~
Bloody lefties.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Bloody lefties.

Why would loving Canada make someone a "bloody leftie?"

Since you are not one of those, I have to conclude that YOU don't love Canada.

They'll love you down in Appalachia. Don't let the door hit your *** ...

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Walter reminds me of Selfsame. If you do not agree with him, he labels you either stupid or a Liberal (non-believer). You can have fun without insulting people, and spite is only needed occasionally.

I would put him on ignore, CC.

WRT Morley Safer, I have met him three times.He was humbled that he was sometimes chosen to do stories because he was Canadian. He offered a different perspective. That perspective has gotten him in trouble over the years, but I seriously doubt that it bothered him. That was more in the 1960s and 1970s when Vietnam was still going on though.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
RIP

You can get killed in Turkey for mentioning things like this so have we gone backwards??

That's a good example of why certain news people and politicians didn't care for his writing. He was up front.