No help needed - Trudeau

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
How would you all like to see a Russian "water bomber" circling around Cold Lake? It reminds me of the Russian "trawlers" that were all on the,Grand Banks in the seventies, bristling with all types of antennae, satellite up-link dishes, etc ... all of the gear needs to "fish".

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
So where did the fish go if not into the trawlers with 'fish finders'?

You don't fish for data. You fish for fish. They were collecting mountains of electronic intel from the entire Eastern Seaboard of North America from their nice, legit cover.

The only Intel that you might get from a fish finder is "Sh1t! I'm gonna hit bottom!".

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
this shiny kid is such an ungrateful embarrassing arsehole.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Especially the first few.

I'm quite sure that the Russians have their own reasons for their "generosity". They don't give a flying fukc if any of us live or die.

Maybe, just maybe, the Canadian government knows more than MHz.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Jiminy Jillickers! If all we gotta do is feed them and pump some gas for their planes, why the hell is he turning down help?

That reminds me of a little brother turning down help from his bigger brothers because he doesn't want to look like a helpless widdle kid! Justy, what the hell's wrong with you? I wonder how many of these idiot decisions you're gonna make before your voter base begins to erode?

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Now is not the time to be thinking about Russian or Taiwanese aircraft servicing standards.

Justin Trudeau: We'd like your help, but we're not sure if your safety standards are up to snuff. After all, we have a fire to think about!

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I'm quite sure that the Russians have their own reasons for their "generosity". They don't give a flying fukc if any of us live or die.

Maybe, just maybe, the Canadian government knows more than MHz.
You should read the last comment in that article, . . . really.

Can you think of a good reason to water bomb a burned out area?? Fill it with muddy water and a few trips could have waterproofed the whole town.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Could Russia, Mexico, or Taiwan even match our safety standards?

Will that really matter? Russia no doubt has lots of forests and would no doubt have some skills at fighting them. They say it is going to burn out of control for months. One has to assume that increasing the force against it will improve that outlook somewhat.

I am not sure his reasoning for turning down the request unless it means he can't take all the credit when nature finally puts it out. Once again a decision based upon his own selfish needs.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
It may be that our PM will at some point in the future and of necessity accept outside help if the fire situation that is being forecast by the Canadian Wildland Fire Information System holds up.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
i was thinking in operating and maintaining their own machinery
I hope their military is better at maintaining their equipment than the general public considering how may tires come off in those Russian driver vids. I'm quite sure the small cars that cross the line just in time to be vaporised by a semi is actually a suicide act rather than bad driving or bad luck

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Now is not the time to be thinking about Russian or Taiwanese aircraft servicing standards.

Justin Trudeau: We'd like your help, but we're not sure if your safety standards are up to snuff. After all, we have a fire to think about!

After watching the Russian Oil Rig accident video, the last thing we need is a water bomber from Russia falling out of the sky. But its an assumption and i was being a smart ***, Russia does have a good handle on technology.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
It may be that our PM will at some point in the future and of necessity accept outside help if the fire situation that is being forecast by the Canadian Wildland Fire Information System holds up.
Like Toronto experiencing a firestorm??

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
You should read the last comment in that article, . . . really.

Can you think of a good reason to water bomb a burned out area?? Fill it with muddy water and a few trips could have waterproofed the whole town.

We used to see those Antonovs landing at Pearson before the RCAF got their C117s