Don't these people require attention & help before people from 1/2 way around the wor

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Re: Don't these people require attention & help before people from 1/2 way around the

Nope. They're not in the global media spotlight so therefore they're not important enough.

There's a similar reason why you'll probably never see the federal or any provincial govts take an honest crack at dealing with homelessness either. Homeless people don't vote, mostly because they simply can't vote.

I can guarantee you one thing though, if the world media ever shines the spotlight on our Native communities for any length of time, that's when you'll see the Fed jump in with both feet and bust their a$$es to try and fix the problem. With the Liberals and the NDP in particular though, it's not really about policy, it's about what will make them look good on the international stage.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
Re: Don't these people require attention & help before people from 1/2 way around the

I disagree with every cents that goes out of the country when our own Canadian children are killing themselves. That is why I can't stand politicians who parade themselves, showing the world how good they are, all whilst we have hungry families, homeless elders, kids killing themselves for lack of caring, young Canadians unable to find work (while there are foreign workers all over the country), rich people not paying tax, while most of us pay monthly remittance or the gov. will garnish our wages ( if you can understand what they're saying); pockets of thieves/ rapist/ aggressive people who hate us simply because were the wrong colour, and they are bold enough to post it for the world to see!! Scary.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

I disagree with every cents that goes out of the country when our own Canadian children are killing themselves. That is why I can't stand politicians who parade themselves, showing the world how good they are, all whilst we have hungry families, homeless elders, kids killing themselves for lack of caring, young Canadians unable to find work (while there are foreign workers all over the country), rich people not paying tax, while most of us pay monthly remittance or the gov. will garnish our wages ( if you can understand what they're saying); pockets of thieves/ rapist/ aggressive people who hate us simply because were the wrong colour, and they are bold enough to post it for the world to see!! Scary.

Yep- While I certainly couldn't sit back and do nothing while my neighbour's kids are starving, I certainly wouldn't be feeding them Sirloin steaks while my own children are starving.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

Y'all can all feel good about yourselves having posted on a forum....

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011

If no one in the community wants to donate some time, to help the back logged health care workers, that's a fair indication it's hopeless.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

They probably need a leader like Clarence Louie to spend a year up there. I bet him and a few $$ would make a huge difference.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Leadership. All it takes is leadership. Hundreds of Rezes have turned themselves around simply by having good leaders that utilize the system rather than having some grudge against society and self segregating.

Who are happier? FNs that decided to start industries on Rez or the ones who think the fish talk to them?

Does talking to fish and self segregating advance the desire of youth to be something more?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

Industry around the Bay is pretty much hemmed in by lack of transportation

Then fu cking move if you can't support your family where you are. Simple.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

There could be one slight obstacle to moving............................money. How much money would it take to move a large family several hundred miles and sustain the family while getting set up and finding work? A couple of muskrat pelts might not cover it.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Industry around the Bay is pretty much hemmed in by lack of transportation

There is a mine just down the road that is paying them.

In SK 50% of miners are FNs.

Are they using that money to train band members in skills they can utilize and earn way above average income mining? The mine built them an airstrip to fly potential employees and supplies for the Rez.

They aren't landlocked.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

There could be one slight obstacle to moving............................money. How much money would it take to move a large family several hundred miles and sustain the family while getting set up and finding work? A couple of muskrat pelts might not cover it.

You're right. What was I thinking. Better to sit on your a$$, with your hand out, whining about how hard you have it and threatening suicide if someone else doesn't come and help.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury

I don't have to prove anything to you. Your sole purpose is to derail threads. Prove THAT wrong. Work ethic is a different thing to different people.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

All they need is grade 10 to get a trade and job at the nearby mine. $45 f-cking dollars an hour with OT out the @ss with a 7 on 7 off 12hr shifts.

I don't have to prove anything to you. Your sole purpose is to derail threads. Prove THAT wrong. Work ethic is a different thing to different people.
Detailing threads with reality?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury

Some ... with more than a dash of fertilizer.

I wouldn't be staying there. It's only going to get worse if the people can't or won't adapt