British Columbia School Districts

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
B.C. is divided into 60 School Districts. School Budgets are extremely tight right now and it seems to have come down to keeping under used schools open vs. closing them and transporting kids to other schools. I feel a third option is amalgamating some school districts first, to reduce costs and personnel not directly pertaining to educating kids. How many unnecessary offices are being maintained and powered for heat and a/c etc.? Is it really necessary to operate two school districts in close proximity given the recent advances in technology and communication? Would it make sense to shortened up costs not directly related to the well being of the kids?

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
That makes too much sense JLM. People expect to have schools right in their own neigbbourhoods because the poor kidlets can't be expected to walk or ride very far - it's too hard on them, don't 'cha know?

JMO

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
That makes too much sense JLM. People expect to have schools right in their own neigbbourhoods because the poor kidlets can't be expected to walk or ride very far - it's too hard on them, don't 'cha know?

JMO
They all get driven nowadays anyway .

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

JMO

Oops, Sorry Dixie hit the red by mistake. I'll try to give you two greens on the next one. :) :)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

JMO
In my day I had to swim to school upstream both ways mith my sister on my back.