Suicide bomber targeting Christians kills 65, mostly women and children

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
A suicide bomber killed at least 65 people, mostly women and children, at a park in Lahore on Sunday in an attack claimed by a Pakistani Taliban faction which said it had targeted Christians.

More than 300 other people were wounded, officials said.

The explosion occurred in the parking area of Gulshan-e-Iqbal Park close to children's swings. The park is a popular site for members of Lahore's Christian community, many of whom had gone there to celebrate the Easter weekend holiday.

Witnesses said they saw body parts strewn across the parking lot once the dust had settled after the blast.

"When the blast occurred, the flames were so high they reached above the trees and I saw bodies flying in the air," said Hasan Imran, 30, a resident who had gone to Gulshan-e-Iqbal Park for a walk.

Officials said 65 people were killed and about 300 wounded. Police Superintendant Mustansar Feroz said most of the casualities were women and children.

The Taliban faction Jamaat-ul-Ahrar claimed responsibility for the attack.

"The target was Christians," a spokesman for the faction, Ehsanullah Ehsan, said. "We want to send this message to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif that we have entered Lahore."

"He can do what he wants but he won't be able to stop us. Our suicide bombers will continue these attacks."

Islamist militants in Pakistan have attacked Christians and other religious minorities often over the past decade. Many Christians accuse the government of doing little to protect them, saying politicians are quick to offer condolences after an attack but slow to take any concrete steps to improve security.

TOLL MAY CLIMB

mo

Suicide bomber targeting Christians kills 65, mostly women and children, in Pakistan park | Reuters

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
Christians are systematically being targeting around the world, so much for exceptation and good hearts.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Workmate's aunt working in Islamabad took two in the gut on Wednesday. One to a kidney the other to the liver.

Nice people they have over there. They killed all their women healthcare workers now they are killing ours who go to help.

They deserve all 72 raisins and an eternity of raspberries.

Pttthhhhhhhh!

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Time to ban religion

If it were banned, than humans would find something else to get all bent over.

Hate propaganda is illegal in Germany because of the nazis. Maybe any portion of any "holy" book / manual that suggests, condones, recommends etc ideas, rules, or laws that remove the rights of others or that incites hatred, intolerance and or violence on others should be banned, and relegated to the history books.

You can say all the nice things you like about religions. But the cruel, intolerant, absurd stuff should be made illegal.

Last edited:

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
You are aware the suicide bombing targeted a playground where mostly woman and children were celebrating Easter?

You are aware those drones drop ordinance on schools and hospitals because there's a small chance some guy might have a rifle inside. You're aware there was no lawful or legitimate reason to invade Iraq or Libya or Syria. You're aware nearly a million innocent civilians have been killed in the last decade by US and allied forces. You're aware I don't have a problem with the citizens of those countries under illegal occupation and invasion fighting back however they can because I sure as f*ck would if someone invaded Canada or starting bombing my family. Its all about perspective man and from my spot on the sidelines I hope the Americans and remaining allied get their a$$es handed to them worse than Vietnam....it's what they deserve.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
You are aware those drones drop ordinance on schools and hospitals because there's a small chance some guy might have a rifle inside. You're aware there was no lawful or legitimate reason to invade Iraq or Libya or Syria. You're aware nearly a million innocent civilians have been killed in the last decade by US and allied forces. You're aware I don't have a problem with the citizens of those countries under illegal occupation and invasion fighting back however they can because I sure as f*ck would if someone invaded Canada or starting bombing my family. Its all about perspective man and from my spot on the sidelines I hope the Americans and remaining allied get their a$$es handed to them worse than Vietnam....it's what they deserve.

What caused these invasions and drone bombings to begin with? Now, be honest Nick.

You know, I watched the news tonight and the EU is ready to call it quits with open borders and allowing refugees to enter their countries. Once Liberal and pro-refugee governments are now becoming hard line. So I have to ask myself, what is the end game here for these people who send young people to die, who inspire murder, who deliberately target women and children?

Is it really about god, or the notion that once you educate people they will no longer subscribe to your totalitarian ways.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
What caused these invasions and drone bombings to begin with? Now, be honest Nick

My opinion is the root cause of it all is a bullish and flawed US foreign policy of puppet regimes and destabilization of the region to better control the flow of oil and assist the illegal state of Israel. Not a popular opinion I know but it's mine and I believe it to be logical and true.

Don't forget Mark that our 'leaders' are sending our young men and women over there to die and commit murder too. What is the end-game for the West? Like I said...it's all a matter of perspective

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
My opinion is the root cause of it all is a bullish and flawed US foreign policy of puppet regimes and destabilization of the region to better control the flow of oil and assist the illegal state of Israel. Not a popular opinion I know but it's mine and I believe it to be logical and true.

Don't forget Mark that our 'leaders' are sending our young men and women over there to die and commit murder too. What is the end-game for the West? Like I said...it's all a matter of perspective

Who was Pakistan bombng?

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Pakistan hasn't been all that friendly with the US for quite some time.

The relationship is definitely strained at present. The population wants less US control of their govt. The govt can't control the tribal regions like the US desires. Its a cluster-f*ck for sure.

Another consideration regarding this event is that those fighting against American control and interference in the Middle East don't have access to F-18s or aircraft carriers etc nor can they send troops to the US to fight so they target what they can when they can if it has links to America. Anyone who thinks there are rules to this war and that it will be conventional like WWII or Korea should give their head a shake. The Vietnamese proved guerrilla warfare works. In the end these people believe they are defending their countries and families from US aggression and invasion. You can't blame them for that.