Murder trial in death of Tim Bosma set to begin

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Murder trial in death of Tim Bosma set to begin

HAMILTON - The trial of two accused killers of a Hamilton man who went missing after taking two men for a test drive nearly three years ago begins this morning.
Tim Bosma left his home on May 6, 2013 and was never seen alive again - his body was found "burned beyond recognition" more than a week later.
Dellen Millard, of Toronto, and Mark Smich, from Oakville, Ont., are both charged with first-degree murder in Bosma's death.

Lawyers for both men have said they will plead not guilty to the charges.
Seven men and seven women have been selected to the jury plus two alternates, a process that took a little more than a week.
Justice Andrew Goodman has told jurors that the trial is expected to last four months.
Bosma's wife, Sharlene, said goodbye to her husband around 9:20 p.m. A few days later she told the media her husband said, with a smile, he'd be right back. Within an hour without hearing from him, she called police and by the next morning, a massive manhunt was on.
"I ask and I beg and I plead to whomever has my husband to please let him go," she said through tears at the news conference.
"It was just a truck, it was just a truck."
Bosma was 32 years old at the time of his death and left behind a young daughter.
According to police, a man phoned Bosma to arrange a test drive for his black, 2007 Dodge Ram pickup that he had advertised for sale online. That night in May, two men showed up at his house. The police response to find Bosma was massive, upwards of 150 officers participating across numerous regions in southern Ontario.
Police have said they believe Bosma was killed shortly after he went missing.
Millard was arrested on May 10 and charged with forcible confinement and theft of a vehicle.
The search for Bosma continued, with investigators searching two properties owned by Millard, who is the heir to an aviation business started by his grandfather nearly 50 years ago. Several days later police found Bosma's truck.
Then they found his body, which police said was "burned beyond recognition."
On May 22, police arrested Mark Smich.
Both were charged with first-degree murder.
In mid-July 2014, the attorney general's office approved a direct indictment that sent the case straight to trial on the first-degree murder charge alone against Millard and Smich, skipping the preliminary hearing. It is a rare legal move in Ontario.
According to a Crown policy manual on the Ministry of the Attorney General's website, "this power is an extraordinary one and is used infrequently."
Three Crown Attorneys will prosecute the case while Millard and Smich area each represented by two lawyers.

Live blog: Murder trial in death of Tim Bosma set to begin | CTV News

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Infestations. Parasites that need exterminated .

I would probably be excused in the jury interview.

You wouldn't be alone in that, Ludlow. Crimes like this almost make me rethink my stance on the death penalty.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
We live in a world where it's not safe to even just walk down the fvcking street at times. I was always and still am paranoid that something bad will happen to my kids or others that I love. I'm with you these fukks need to be gathered up and snuffed out.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Millard Air employee says he was fired after reporting Bosma truck

A former employee of a company owned by one of Tim Bosma’s accused killers told a Hamilton courtroom Thursday that he was fired after tipping off Crime Stoppers to the location of Bosma's missing truck.
Bosma went missing on the night of May 6, 2013, after taking two strangers for a test drive in a black pickup truck he was trying to sell online. His body was found a week later, burned beyond recognition.
Dellen Millard, of Toronto, and Mark Smich, of Oakville, Ont., have both pleaded not guilty to first degree murder in connection with Bosma's death.

More: Crown continues to build case against two accused in killing of Hamilton man | CTV News

Fired eh? Lol, if it was me, I'd frame that termination letter.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
We live in a world where it's not safe to even just walk down the fvcking street at times. I was always and still am paranoid that something bad will happen to my kids or others that I love. I'm with you these fukks need to be gathered up and snuffed out.

I concur 105% - two grand daughters (teenagers) live with us and similar thoughts are on my mind several times a day!

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I've been reading the trial coverage. The two (ex) girlfriends of the two accused are quite the pieces of work. Of course, they never thought to go to the police.

But this one on the stand the last couple of days really takes the cake. She and the accused's mother went and wiped down the famous trailer, to remove their own fingerprints, and this gem of a specimen claims that she wasn't trying to remove evidence. That even caused the spectators in the court to burst into laughter.

Then she complained about how the police investigating her involvement was 'harassment'.

Quite the delightful piece of work, she is.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I've been reading the trial coverage. The two (ex) girlfriends of the two accused are quite the pieces of work. Of course, they never thought to go to the police.

But this one on the stand the last couple of days really takes the cake. She and the accused's mother went and wiped down the famous trailer, to remove their own fingerprints, and this gem of a specimen claims that she wasn't trying to remove evidence. That even caused the spectators in the court to burst into laughter.

Then she complained about how the police investigating her involvement was 'harassment'.

Quite the delightful piece of work, she is.

Reminds me of those "friends" of Robert Picton. They saw one hell of a lot, were more than happy to yak about to tv cameras after but, they didn't like cops, so they didn't say anything at the time.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
GUILTY

Cheers and applause erupted outside a Hamilton courtroom Friday after Dellen Millard and Mark Smich were both found guilty of first-degree murder in the slaying of Hamilton's Tim Bosma.

Outside the courthouse, Bosma's widow Sharlene thanked the "village" of supporters who have helped her family get through the past three years since her husband disappeared after taking Millard and Smich on a test drive of a truck he was trying to sell.

"For over three years, we have waited for justice for Tim," she said. "For three years we have been in and out of this courthouse, forced to look at, and breathe in the same space as the utter depths of depravity in our society.

More..

Tim Bosma trial: Millard and Smich guilty of 1st-degree murder - Latest Hamilton news - CBC Hamilton

I am so relieved this part is over for the family and that the right verdict, IMO, was reached.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Is it evil or a high level of stupid?

I would say that your observation covers Smitch but Millard is a seriously dark, evil maniac. He's facing more murder charges, one for his father, even.

... a serial kiler ...

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Is it evil or a high level of stupid?

One really has to wonder.

This is not the end of the road for these scumbags. Millard is charged with murdering his father and a girlfriend and will be tried later this summer. Not sure if the other one whose name I forgot but really need not be mentioned, has any further charges against him.

I wonder if Millard's mother and girlfriend will be facing any charges.

Only the stupid ones think they will get away with it. Evil doesn't run and hide.

Evil has also been known to parade around in a very pleasing face making it very hard to detect the rot beneath the surface.