Senseless Robbery Kiliings in Edmonton

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Why the hell didn't they just take the money and run? It's not like the convenience store clerks were armed.
I think what I find most disturbing about this is that the age of the youngest suspect was 13 years old.

EPS Chief Knecht calls killings of store clerks ‘gratuitous, evil’

Two men are dead and three people are in custody after shootings at a pair of 24 hour convenience stores in Edmonton Friday morning.

Police received a panic call around 3:30 a.m. from a Mac's Convenience Store located at 32 Avenue and 82 Street. Police called the store three times and received no answer. When police arrived on scene they found a man who had been shot. Officers started CPR while waiting for paramedics. Karanpal Singh Bhangu, 35, was rushed to hospital but died shortly after from his injuries.
Around 15 minutes after the first incident, police received a call that said a store clerk was injured at another Mac's store, this one located at 108 Street and 61 Avenue.
Photos

Later on Friday, December 18, police tape remained on scene at a convenience store on 108 Street and 61 Avenue.

The 41-year-old store clerk was pronounced dead at the scene. His name will not be released until his family is notified.
Police officers fanned out to check on other Mac’s stores in the area after the two incidents. That is when officers from the southwest division noticed a vehicle in the Callingwood area matching the suspect’s description. When officers approached, the vehicle fled.
Police chased the car eastbound on Whitemud Drive where the vehicle collided into a barrier under the Terwilliger overpass and the suspects were arrested without incident.

Three male suspects, who police connect to both armed robberies, were arrested and taken into custody. The suspects are 13, 24 and 26 years of age. Read more

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Why the hell didn't they just take the money and run? It's not like the convenience store clerks were armed.
I think what I find most disturbing about this is that the age of the youngest suspect was 13 years old.

EPS Chief Knecht calls killings of store clerks ‘gratuitous, evil’

Two men are dead and three people are in custody after shootings at a pair of 24 hour convenience stores in Edmonton Friday morning.

Police received a panic call around 3:30 a.m. from a Mac's Convenience Store located at 32 Avenue and 82 Street. Police called the store three times and received no answer. When police arrived on scene they found a man who had been shot. Officers started CPR while waiting for paramedics. Karanpal Singh Bhangu, 35, was rushed to hospital but died shortly after from his injuries.
Around 15 minutes after the first incident, police received a call that said a store clerk was injured at another Mac's store, this one located at 108 Street and 61 Avenue.
Photos

Later on Friday, December 18, police tape remained on scene at a convenience store on 108 Street and 61 Avenue.

The 41-year-old store clerk was pronounced dead at the scene. His name will not be released until his family is notified.
Police officers fanned out to check on other Mac’s stores in the area after the two incidents. That is when officers from the southwest division noticed a vehicle in the Callingwood area matching the suspect’s description. When officers approached, the vehicle fled.
Police chased the car eastbound on Whitemud Drive where the vehicle collided into a barrier under the Terwilliger overpass and the suspects were arrested without incident.

Three male suspects, who police connect to both armed robberies, were arrested and taken into custody. The suspects are 13, 24 and 26 years of age. Read more
Seems like the shock of taking a human life has been diminished. Who knows why an element of society is desensitized to it.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Seems like the shock of taking a human life has been diminished. Who knows why an element of society is desensitized to it.

That's the same question that comes to me in these stupid killings. How do they have all the empathy and compassion gone in them or maybe how did they miss getting any?

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
That's the same question that comes to me in these stupid killings. How do they have all the empathy and compassion gone in them or maybe how did they miss getting any?
Sometimes I wonder about all that shyt we see on Tv romanticizing crime and cruelty. Even though it's acting and not real it might plant seeds of thought in weak minded people. I have a hard time swatting a bug I can't conceive of looking a fellow human in the eyes and snuffing them out. That's why I don't understand terrorists.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

Well, arming everybody will sort that out .

...the quick and the dead. That experiment is already running in Detroit.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Why the hell didn't they just take the money and run?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Actually the fantasy on the TV screen is mostly taken from police files of vile things
already done sad to say. Some have no empathy and no conscience at all.
The time has come for our communities ie Canada to have a discussion about
what the hell is wrong with us and what can we do to curb some of this.
Oh I know there is the gun debate, and the return to capital punishment and the
suggestion of what we might do to those who commit such crimes/
That is not good enough we have to find out what is really fueling the problem
and what we can do to mitigate some of them.
We have always had crime true but we have serious crime and brutal crimes
such as not seen in decades. And we see kids committing these crimes as
well. So are we going to be shocked, outraged and horrified or are we going to
set out as a society to do something that remains the question

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Want to wager that the 13 year old is female??

Cameras tell no lies. Depending who the killer is, he may just have a hate on for the 'same group' that runs most of the stores in that chain.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Want to wager that the 13 year old is female??

Cameras tell no lies. Depending who the killer is, he may just have a hate on for the 'same group' that runs most of the stores in that chain.

quote from article posted

Three male suspects, who police connect to both armed robberies, were arrested and taken into custody. The suspects are 13, 24 and 26 years of age.

Didn't bother reading, did ya. Just looked at the pictures, didn't ya.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
They have named the three that they charged;

"
Laylin Delorme, 24, Colton Steinhauer, 27, and a 13-year-old boy who cannot be named."

My guess is that they are not Canadian born.

We have enough problems with our own let alone those we let it.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

"
Laylin Delorme, 24, Colton Steinhauer, 27, and a 13-year-old boy who cannot be named."

I will lay odds they are Canadian born. Then what excuse would you have?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

"

You're right. Delorme and Steinhauer are common Arabic names.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Pretty ugly dudes. How you can kill an innocent defenseless person is beyound me.

Don't understand why they were allowed to be out in the streets???

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
quote from article posted

Three male suspects, who police connect to both armed robberies, were arrested and taken into custody. The suspects are 13, 24 and 26 years of age.

Didn't bother reading, did ya. Just looked at the pictures, didn't ya.
I missed that part. If I didn't read it I wouldn't have known there were 3 and one was 13. How about relative of one of the other two? That is why I pay you so much to follow me around.