How much are the high mucky mucks paid?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Damn. Not half that in my country unless you own the company. I'll bet you real estate prices are enormous.

Depends. This is heavy construction building hydro projects, smelters highways etc, not houses. Often camp work.The company I work for right now is a US company.Building houses around here is a guarantee of poverty.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I am about 90% although my income can vary quite a bit, hubby is about top 25% between pensions and work. We are comfy.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Depends. This is heavy construction building hydro projects, smelters highways etc, not houses. Often camp work.The company I work for right now is a US company.Building houses around here is a guarantee of poverty.

Not much of anything in housing right now and there has not been for at least 3 years. We know only too well. Built a spec in L.S. and we did sell it but it took so much longer than we expected. It's a really nice home but we made an instant decision to never build a spec again. Didn't you used to work for the Fire Dept? It's probably volunteers there, right?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Not much of anything in housing right now and there has not been for at least 3 years. We know only too well. Built a spec in L.S. and we did sell it but it took so much longer than we expected. It's a really nice home but we made an instant decision to never build a spec again. Didn't you used to work for the Fire Dept? It's probably volunteers there, right?

Volunteer. Still do. My son does as well. Hoping the grandkids will join when they get old enough so we can be the first 3 generation family. NO one else currently there has ha shot at it.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

Lots of reno work available. People renovate rather than buy an upgrade when the economy slows.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Campbell River.

Had no idea anything was going on in CR. sounds very busy. Not too far for you to travel but still far enough. Is it raining super hard at your place? We're getting Tofino/Ucluelet weather here. Water is over flowing the eavestroughs so bad we can't step out without an umbrella! 🌧☔️

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Yes commercial always pays better than residential. I've been involved in both relative to casework and millwork. Never made much in either even when I built my own shop.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
You got that right, Lud $1/3 million for a modest shack.

In Vernon? Kelowna is high but I never expected things to be that high there. I guess it's changed a lot since we left there in 2002.