Instead of grieving our dead, “Muslim Americans fear demonization of Islam after mass

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Instead of grieving our dead, “Muslim Americans fear demonization of Islam after mass shooting”

American Muslims for the umpteenth time are wailing about a fear of [non-existent] reprisals. The blood of American Christians and Jews is still on the floor and the walls of a Christmas party, and they are playing the victim. How savage.

Why aren’t American Muslims mourning our dead? Why aren’t American Muslims using their money and influence to call for an “enlightenment” in Islam, a purge of the Quran and Islamic texts and teachings that call for jihad and genocide?

Obama, Hillary, Loretta Lynch, the media (just look at these articles) — are all groveling before Islam, scrubbing and mopping up after this latest jihad attack, and still it’s not enough. Devout Muslims slaughtered innocent Americans at a Christmas party, and now comes the second wave of the attack — charges of racism (Islam is not a race) and Islamofauxbia.

The Washington Post laments:

Rabia Chaudry kept her 7-year-old daughter home from her private Islamic school in Maryland on Thursday, fearing anti-Muslim backlash from Wednesday’s massacre nearly 3,000 miles away in San Bernardino, Calif.​

If her child goes to Islamic school, why keep they child home? All the children are Muslims, so who will play the islamophobe?

“I think we are all feeling exhausted and very vulnerable,” said Chaudry, a lawyer and national security fellow at the New America Foundation. “I’m angry at those people who did this attack. And I’m angry at how this is being politicized. Everything boils down to, ‘We should fear Muslims. And they shouldn’t be here.’ ”​

American Muslims say they are living through an intensely painful moment and feel growing anti-Muslim sentiment after the recent Islamic State attacks in Paris and this week’s San Bernardino shootings, carried out by a Muslim husband and wife.

The motivations of the California killers are still unclear, although authorities are investigating it as a potential act of terrorism. Muslims said they are bracing for an even more toxic climate in which Americans are increasingly suspicious of Muslims.​

Robert Spencer writes:

This is a typical “backlash” story, of the kind that invariably appears after a jihad attack or foiled jihad plot. It attempts to deflect attention away from the jihad terror and onto Muslims as victims, their religion unfairly demonized. One bad apple shouldn’t be taken as spoiling the bunch, we’re told. “Two people’s actions do not constitute a whole population’s actions,” we’re reminded.

And of course that is true. But sidestepped here, as is always the case in these weepy creepy “backlash” stories, is the fact that Islamic jihadis can and do point to Islamic texts and teachings to justify their actions and make recruits among peaceful Muslims. No mention is made of the fact that Muslim clerics have been involved in jihad terror activity and have exhorted Muslims from the pulpit to commit acts of violence.

If Muslims really fear “backlash” and the “demonization of Islam,” they should be the first to act against such clerics, and would be working publicly and honestly to reform those teachings. Mosques and Islamic schools would be implementing programs to teach against the understanding of Islam that justifies hatred and violence. But “backlash” articles never deal with any of that — they’re all always just about how Muslims fear reprisal attacks. Meanwhile, FBI statistics show that anti-Semitic attacks are far more common than attacks against innocent Muslims. Yet you never see articles about that.

- See more at: Instead of grieving our dead, “Muslim Americans fear demonization of Islam after mass shooting� | Pamela Geller

“Muslim Americans fear demonization of Islam after mass shooting,” by Ben Klayman, Reuters, December 4, 2015 (thanks to Darcy):

DEARBORN, Mich. (Reuters) – Muslim Americans fear their religion will be demonized and Islamophobia will spread after a young Muslim couple was accused of carrying out one of the bloodiest mass killings in the United States.

Across the country, Muslim Americans responded with shock and outrage after a shooting in which authorities said Syed Rizwan Farook, 28, and Tashfeen Malik, 27, stormed a holiday party attended by San Bernardino County employees in California on Wednesday, killing 14 people and wounding 21.

“I was at the gym yesterday while the shooting was taking place and all the TVs were showing that footage and all I could keep thinking to myself is ‘God, I hope they don’t have any Eastern descent, not just Middle Eastern, anything we’d associate with a Muslim’,” said Adam Hashem, 32, in Dearborn, a Detroit suburb with one of the country’s largest Muslim populations.

“We’re all worried. We’re all concerned,” he said.

It was the deadliest U.S. mass shooting since the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre three years ago. While the motivation remained unclear as authorities investigated the attack, details of Farook and Malik began to emerge. Farook was described as a second-generation American born in Illinois and raised by Pakistani parents. Malik was born in Pakistan and lived in Saudi Arabia until she was introduced to Farook.

San Bernardino police said they found pipe bombs and several thousands rounds of ammunition at the residence of the couple, who died in a shoot-out with police.

In Milwaukee, Wisconsin, the Attari Supermarket bustled on Thursday with customers shopping for Middle Eastern products.

“In every culture and in every religion there are bad apples that will spoil the rest of the apples. That has happened toward us,” said Dawod Dawod, a 25-year-old Muslim American, who manages the store that his family has owned for a decade.

Between taking orders over the phone, Dawod said he was concerned that politicians will use the mass shooting as a way to further demonize Muslims. He noted Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump’s endorsement of the idea of creating a Muslim database. “It’s scary.” he said. “Ninety-nine percent of Muslims are hardworking, good people.”

Muslim community groups condemned the massacre and urged the public not to blame Islam or Muslims.

“The Muslim community stands shoulder to shoulder with our fellow Americans in repudiating any twisted mindset that would claim to justify such sickening acts of violence,” said Hussam Ayloush, an executive director at the Council on American-Islamic Relations.

Within hours of the shooting, his group had organized a news conference with Los Angeles Muslim leaders and the brother of suspected shooter Malik to condemn the assault. The speed at which they went on live television underlined the depth of concerns in a community already buffeted by a rise in anti-Muslim rhetoric this year and increased public scrutiny after the Nov. 13 attacks in Paris that killed 130 people and were claimed by Islamic State militants….

Faizul Khan, 74, an Imam at the Islamic Society of the Washington Area, said he was “horrified” by the San Bernadino shooting. “Unfortunately people don’t understand that we as Muslims, we basically want to promote what is good and just for the entire humanity.”

He said he feared the shooting would strengthen calls to increase surveillance on mosques.

Achraf Issam, 22, national spokesman for the Ahmadiyya Muslim Youth Association in Silver Spring, Maryland, said it makes no more sense to say that Islam led to the San Bernardino shootings than to say Christianity led to an attack on the Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado last week by a suspect police have named as Robert Lewis Dear.

“No one should say that because this couple is Muslim that it led them to commit those acts,” he said.

That sentiment was echoed by Sara Nabhan, 20, a junior majoring in biology at the University of Houston who was born in Jordan and came to Texas when she was 2 years old.

“Two people’s actions do not constitute a whole population’s actions,” she said.

Jersey City real-estate agent Magdy Ali, 52 and of Egyptian descent, said he uses the name Alex when working to avoid conflict with people who distrust Islam. He said he expects Trump to use Wednesday’s massacre to push for anti-Muslim measures such as monitoring of U.S. mosques.

“We are in a jam right now,” he said.​

- See more at: Instead of grieving our dead, “Muslim Americans fear demonization of Islam after mass shooting� | Pamela Geller

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
They have every right to be concerned. Especially with brain dead morons like yourself.

Spirit of Calgary lives on, despite hateful graffiti spree | Globalnews.ca

Well isn't Calgary the home of some White Aryan Brothers or some group like that??

Graffiti isn't half the problem Calgary is growing through..

https://www.google.ca/search?client...wExiVsLtOeeM8Qfq2YpA#q=calgary+shootings+2015

jaysus any other topic besides moozlems?

Yes, Yes there is.. why don't you start a few threads.?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Well isn't Calgary the home of some White Aryan Brothers or some group like that??

Graffiti isn't half the problem Calgary is growing through..

https://www.google.ca/search?client...wExiVsLtOeeM8Qfq2YpA#q=calgary+shootings+2015

Nice attempt at deflection, but since you brought it up, I don't see any Muslims in there, aside from the hate spewed at them in the article I posted. Hate for something those in Calgary had absolutely nothing to do with. The kind of hate that you project with damn near every thread you post. If you were in Calgary, it wouldn't surprise me at all to find that you were involved in this.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Nice attempt at deflection, but since you brought it up, I don't see any Muslims in there, aside from the hate spewed at them in the article I posted. Hate for something those in Calgary had absolutely nothing to do with. The kind of hate that you project with damn near every thread you post. If you were in Calgary, it wouldn't surprise me at all to find that you were involved in this.

You really are a special kind of stupid... go kill yourself, do the world a favour.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
You really are a special kind of stupid... go kill yourself, do the world a favour.

Well, isn't that special..... and here I thought you wishing others dead was just reserved for Muslims, I guess we can add in those that disagree with your general philosophy towards Muslims also.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Funny how I didn't see them out with signs after that Palestinian protester curb stomped a woman in Calgary. I sure didn't see any Muslims crying about the injustice of a Canadian family being terrorized by the largely Somali-Muslim community in the public housing project they lived in.
Nope, violence by Muslims in Calgary brought out zero "moderates" committing "random acts of kindness" but a little hateful graffiti directed at Muslims and suddenly it's a f*cking pity party.

Oh, and before you go and label me with sh*t like "racist" or "bigot" or whatever the PCSJW shut down term of the day is, I feel the same damn way about Christians.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Funny how I didn't see them out with signs after that Palestinian protester curb stomped a woman in Calgary. I sure didn't see any Muslims crying about the injustice of a Canadian family being terrorized by the largely Somali-Muslim community in the public housing project they lived in.
Nope, violence by Muslims in Calgary brought out zero "moderates" committing "random acts of kindness" but a little hateful graffiti directed at Muslims and suddenly it's a f*cking pity party.

Just because they didn't hit you over the head and say "look at us", doesn't mean they weren't there.

Oh, and before you go and label me with sh*t like "racist" or "bigot" or whatever the PCSJW shut down term of the day is, I feel the same damn way about Christians.

I had no intention of labeling you a racist. A bigot, yes. A racist, never.

PSCJW?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Just because they didn't hit you over the head and say "look at us", doesn't mean they weren't there.
Or else none of the media found it "newsworthy".

I had no intention of labeling you a racist. A bigot, yes. A racist, never.

PSCJW?
Politically Correct Social Justice Warrior.
And yes, I am a bigot. I hate everyone regardless of their ethnicity, colour, religion, creed, politics or whatever other pigeon hole we insist on putting people in. Although I have run across a number of diamonds in the rough, most of my dealings with humanity have left me with the sense that humans as a species are little more than self-indulgent, self-interested, self-serving pieces of shyte.

Wait, is it still bigotry if you hate the human race in general?

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
When racists aren't whining about political correctness.....

STOP CALLING ME A RACIST AND START GRIEVING NAO

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Islam is a set of ideas so is the Jewish faith or the Christians for that matter.
It is when the fundamentalist crowd of any of them gains a measure of the
old control lever or a vocal minority that things get out of hand.
Think about this. If the majority of Muslims who follow Islam were in favor of
what is happening there would be civil war and blood in the streets. Such is
not the case. It is like the Germans the Italians or the Japanese Americans
in WWII. They did not condone what was happening elsewhere in the world
yet they bore a stigma. Time to tone down the rhetoric and deal with the problems
not bait scapegoats

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Islam is a set of ideas so is the Jewish faith or the Christians for that matter.
It is when the fundamentalist crowd of any of them gains a measure of the
old control lever or a vocal minority that things get out of hand.
Think about this. If the majority of Muslims who follow Islam were in favor of
what is happening there would be civil war and blood in the streets. Such is
not the case. It is like the Germans the Italians or the Japanese Americans
in WWII. They did not condone what was happening elsewhere in the world
yet they bore a stigma. Time to tone down the rhetoric and deal with the problems
not bait scapegoats
I think that the issue stems from the fact that Freedom of Religion has been extended to mean freedom from criticism. Let's look at a similarity between freedom of speech and freedom of religion. Both of them are opinions, ideas and nothing more.
Yet one has extra-special protection. I'm free to criticize what you say, as long as you're not proselytizing for any of the non-Western religions.
Hell we can trash talk Trudeau or Harper or Mulcair all we want but Allah forbid you say anything bad about Uncle Momo.
Let's look at it from a different angle. Politics and religion are very similar in that they are both comprised of ideological beliefs. Imagine being persecuted and prosecuted for daring to openly criticize the standing govt and/or their loyal followers while living in a supposedly free country. Yet that's exactly the kind of absurdity that's unfolding in Canada if you dare to openly criticize Islam and/or Muslims.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I haven't seen any grieving white Americans either. Just the regulars wanting to kill Muslims.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Instead of grieving our dead, “Muslim Americans fear demonization of Islam after mass shooting”

Boy, that horse left the barn a long, long time ago. Is this a decade old necro-thread ?