'Die, die!' Police responding to death threats

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
'Die, die!' Police responding to death threats find 'out-of-breath' man chasing spider

Police: "Where’s your wife?"
Male: "Umm, I don’t have one."
Police: "Where’s your girlfriend?"
Male: "Umm, I don’t have one."
Police: "We had a report of a domestic, and a woman screaming. Where is she?"
Male: "I don't know what you're talking about. I live alone."
Police: "Come on mate, people clearly heard you yelling you were going to kill her and furniture getting thrown around the unit."
Police said at this point, the man became “very sheepish.”
Police: "Come on mate, what have you done to her."
Male: "It was a spider."
Police: "Sorry?"
Male: "It was a spider, a really big one!"
Police: "What about the woman screaming?"
Male: "Yeah sorry, that was me. I really, really hate spiders."
Police said the man was chasing the spider around the unit with bug spray.

More: Australian police arrive on scene of suspected domestic abuse to find spider-chasing man | Lifestyle from CTV News

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Too funny! hahaha
I love the fuzzy ones. A cute, little jumping spider hangs around the desk here. I try being friendly but she is pretty shy and leaps away when I get a finger too close. She is about ½ cm in diameter (about 0.33 inches) but she can leap almost 3 decimeters (almost a foot).

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Yup. One of the prettiest spiders around also. And they have a really cool mating ritual.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
no. bugs are evil. they should all be sold to china. we would no longer have a debt and deficit. ;)

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
over time roundup causes cancer in peeps
while over time the bugs get immune

bugs win/time

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Other than that can is roach killer, I like that it has a lemon scent. Poison should always be lemon scented. Covers the fact that you are probably harming your whole family.
What is permethrin?

Permethrin is an insecticide in the pyrethroid family. Pyrethroids are synthetic chemicals that act like natural extracts from the chrysanthemum flower. Permethrin is used in a number of ways to control insects. Products containing permethrin may be used in public health mosquito control programs. They may be used on food and feed crops, on ornamental lawns, on livestock and pets, in structures and buildings, and on clothing. Permethrin may also be used in places where food is handled, such as restaurants. Permethrin was first registered with the United States Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA) in 1979, and was re-registered in 2006.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
I can add this OP to the extremely long list of stuff I knew nothing about. Can't unsee it, unfortunately.

Glad those spiders are there and not here.

JUMPING SPIDERS.....Jesus !8O