Christian hypocrisy

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I'm putting this in the in the "news" section because it relates to the refugee issue we are dealing with now. There is absolutely no question that Jesus would support helping anyone in need yet, my Facebook friends and general acquaintances that profess to be Christian are generally the least in favour of bringing in the refugees. I didn't realize Jesus was all about fear.

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
People are being like Jesus and not taking sh-t from Govt. That is what you want right? People being like Jesus?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Whatever helps Christians justify their hypocrisy is fine by me though I doubt they're fooling anybody.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Being like Jesus is now hypocrisy? Boy you change tunes faster than a medley.

The ability to deflect questions and alter ideological directions is a special talent for the usual suspects.

I wouldn't be expecting any direct answers or cogent discourse here... Just another troll thread to make the resident atheists feel better about themselves

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I've put you on my prayer list, Cannuck. You are obviously very confused.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
How many Norwegian refugees are fleeing Norway to escape?

BTW - Ohhhh, a meme... How exciting!

The ability to deflect questions and alter ideological directions is a special talent for the usual suspects.

I wouldn't be expecting any direct answers or cogent discourse here... Just another troll thread to make the resident atheists feel better about themselves

Posies in your pooper?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

I wouldn't consider Christians the usual suspects though I do understand the need to twist Jesus' message to suit an agenda. It always helps if you think Gawd's on your side.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
You were much stupider than usual today. Usually you have to troll through at least a couple of threads before your hypocrisy catches up with you

... Just like clock-work, the stalker rears his/her ugly head (emphasis on ugly)

PS - Shouldn't you be moaning and whinning about corps, Hydro 1 and how da man has kept you down?
I wouldn't consider Christians

Well, that's a start on the right track.

All you really need to do now is look in a mirror