Paris attacks

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Paris attack: At least 26 dead, hostages taken after explosions near stadium, gunfire in restaurant | CTV News

Paris police say at least 26 people are dead and hostages have been taken in what appears to be a co-ordinated attack across the French capital.

Within minutes on Friday night, there was a mass shooting outside a restaurant, at least one explosion outside a soccer stadium and a shooting and hostage taking at a music venue, according to police.

Police confirmed the shooting near Le Carillon restaurant in the 10th arrondisement.

Meanwhile, two explosions were heard near the Stade de France, the country’s national football stadium, while a France-Germany friendly football match was going on inside.

Local media have reported that police believe the explosions were created by hand grenades.

Police said the dozens of hostages were taken at the Bataclan concert hall on Boulevard Voltaire, where an Eagles of Death Metal concert was scheduled.

Developing story…

With files from The Associated Press

Paris shooting leaves several feared dead in 'terror attack' | Daily Mail Online

CTV is now reporting that 40 people are dead and many more are being held hostage.

Last edited:

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
In a strange twist of fate, a young woman from Paris is here in Eagle Creek helping a family with their little ones. I called her as soon as I heard the news so she could get in touch with her family.
Right on. I hope her family is ok.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Why is Paris getting attacked so often?

Who's cornflakes did they **** in?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Why is Paris getting attacked so often?

Who's cornflakes did they **** in?

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
What?

I'm just trying to figure out the reason for it being a recurring place.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
'Gunmen shouted Allahu Akbar'

it's probably nothing.

shiny pony will uncover the root-causes though and save the day.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
I hope you guys aren't going to turn this into some xenophobic tirade.

This is how we got into a useless war.