Refugees struggling with trauma.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
It would have to be traumatic to suddenly be dislocated and disoriented by losing your home and everything that was familiar to you. I'm sure the thousands who were forced to leave their homeland in the Iberian peninsula in the 15th century felt the same way. Then to put the icing on the cake, you have to feel unwelcome and uncomfortable in a place where you're basically a fish out of water. I remember the South Viet Namese refugees who were relocated to a section of North Phoenix years ago. The good folks in the area looked upon them as inhuman. It's pretty sad.

Last edited:

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
If only Canada were a true Christian state, though we might not have the money to support evetyone, we would certainly have no qualms about at least selling a work visa to anyone who wanted to buy one. That would cost Canada nothing and increase tax revenue.

But, alas, foreigners aren't neighbours to the good Samaritan.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
If only Canada were a true Christian state, though we might not have the money to support evetyone, we would certainly have no qualms about at least selling a work visa to anyone who wanted to buy one. That would cost Canada nothing and increase tax revenue.

Spain was a "Christian State" in the 15th century.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
traumatic memories are horrific,
people who can remember are fortunate,or to place it simply, i would give so much to remember.
my pst allows me to forget some of my trauma,or i assume so.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Our combat and peacekeeping veterans struggle with trauma too. Don't see the bleeding heart left-tards crying about how we need to do everything we can for them. Of course they're military so to many of the liberal and pretty much all of the dipper types, they're beneath notice.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

Maybe you good folks in the League of Canadian Atheists can dig deep and do something about this intensely horrible situation... I think something that involves a pre-paid voucher system on your part would be especially helpful

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
What is a Samaritan?

The Samaritans (Samaritan Hebrew: שוֹמְרִים Samerim "Guardians/Keepers/Watchers [of the Law/Torah]", Jewish Hebrew: שומרונים Shomronim, Arabic: السامريون Sāmeriyyūn) are an ethnoreligious group of the Levant, originating from the Israelites or Hebrews of the Ancient Near East.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Maybe you good folks in the League of Canadian Atheists can dig deep and do something about this intensely horrible situation... I think something that involves a pre-paid voucher system on your part would be especially helpful

First off, I'm far from an atheist.

Secondly, I don't see how vouchers help when a person can't work. The priority is to start with the least costly solution. Sell work visas.

The next least costly in the case of refugees is to give them a work visa.

Why would you want your taxes to help those who could help themselves?

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
Our combat and peacekeeping veterans struggle with trauma too. Don't see the bleeding heart left-tards crying about how we need to do everything we can for them. Of course they're military so to many of the liberal and pretty much all of the dipper types, they're beneath notice.
Always thought it interesting when conservatives used the phrase, "bleeding heart liberals".

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

What makes you think I'm atheist?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Secondly, I don't see how vouchers help when a person can't work.

.. And I don't see how bringing over 10s of thousands of people that can't potentially work not working for Canada

The priority is to start with the least costly solution. Sell work visas.

The least costly solution is to not bring them over.

The next least costly in the case of refugees is to give them a work visa.

The next least costly solution is to adhere to an immigration policy that seeks to engage qualified people/families that won't arrive in Canada and make a career out of cashing welfare cheques

Why would you want your taxes to help those who could help themselves?

I don't, but apparently you have some fantasy that we should as a 'Christian Nation'

What makes you think I'm atheist?

'Cause you have such a hard-on for anything to do with religion, namely Christianity and more specifically Catholicism.

.... You take a look at the ridiculous post in your OP and tell me different, m'kay?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Bet there is no end of taxpayer money available for treating refugees with mental isues. Funny how there is never enough money to treat citizens with the same problems.

HarperCons

Council Member
Oct 18, 2015
Another discussion about refugees without the mention of the foreign polices of our own countries that created them.