Harper average or better!

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I guess you didn't read the first post then. Not surprised.

I read it. Just because the Harperites have to tie Harper's legacy to Justin, doesn't mean it has to be. They simply can not accept that it show very well on its own.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Harper was about Harper and the Conservative agenda nothing else and no place
for anything else. When you appear to be excluding others perception is you don't
care. We had no media scrums we had no real interaction that didn't appear to be
controlled. The one thing people were saying on the twentieth is We are glad he is
gone.
I think history will judge him as one of the lesser quality leaders probably not the
worst that was the domain of Mulroney but he is a damn close second or third.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
I suspect people will be longing for the days of Harper after a few years of this new government.

Years?... I'd give it 6 months tops

Harper was about Harper and the Conservative agenda nothing else and no place
for anything else. When you appear to be excluding others perception is you don't
care. We had no media scrums we had no real interaction that didn't appear to be
controlled. The one thing people were saying on the twentieth is We are glad he is
gone.
I think history will judge him as one of the lesser quality leaders probably not the
worst that was the domain of Mulroney but he is a damn close second or third.

Hmmm, I can't remember the guys name off hand, but wasn't there a PM that was the only one to ever invoke martial law, took on billions in debt at super high interest rates that we still paying off, caused a massive rift between Anglo and Franco Canadians that exists to this day, destroyed the military and was an abject embarrassment to all Canadians on the international stage?

Yeah, I can't remember his name, but their is something hauntingly similar between our newest former part-time dwama teacher (opps, make that PM) and the guy whose name I can't recall

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Justin would have to lead us into three recessions to beat Harper's two.

The 2009 recession had absolutely nothing to do with Harper if you'd been following the news at the time, you would know the U.S. got hit twice as hard as we did. I don't know what other recession you'd be talking about because Harper wasn't in the picture in the '90s.

Years?... I'd give it 6 months tops

Hmmm, I can't remember the guys name off hand, but wasn't there a PM that was the only one to ever invoke martial law, took on billions in debt at super high interest rates that we still paying off, caused a massive rift between Anglo and Franco Canadians that exists to this day, destroyed the military and was an abject embarrassment to all Canadians on the international stage?

Yeah, I can't remember his name, but their is something hauntingly similar between our newest former part-time dwama teacher (opps, make that PM) and the guy whose name I can't recall

R.B. Bennett?

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
I can't believe Justin won. It's like I just can't accept it. I don't have any real reason, and it's not like hes younger than I. It's like a practical joke or spiff.....

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Well he stands head and shoulders above the two yokels that preceded him.

Not in the slightest. Martin, Chrétien and Mulroney were head and shoulders ahead of Harper on fiscal policy. A stick would be ahead of Harper on social policy. I'd say Harper was on par with Pierre Trudeau. Harper gets a D on fiscal policy. Trudeau gets an F. On social policy, Trudeau gets a B based solely on the Charter. Harper gets an F because I can't give him a worse grade.

We can judge them all on crookedness but I don't think Harper's going to do much better than the rest

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I can't believe Justin won. It's like I just can't accept it. I don't have any real reason, and it's not like hes younger than I. It's like a practical joke or spiff.....

I think the same mentality got him in there that got his old man in there! :)