Dippers taking a bigger sh*t kicking than thought earlier.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Looks like they will settle to even lower than their historic numbers of about 35 seats. Tom will not be impressed!

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Who cares about Tom?

My local New Democrat incumbent manifested some competence, yet my local Liberal Party candidate is the one leading even though the guy is clueless.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Looks like the Conservative supporters are so humiliated, they're reduced to kicking the guy lower than them. Can't say I'm surprised.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Mulcair got caught up in Harper's niquab Quebec herring. That's where he faltered

And it probably backfired on him. The ishy washy ABC crowd noticed that most opposed the niqab, feared this could lead to another Conservative majority, and so went gung ho ABC all the way baby, noticed the Liberals were slightly up in the polls compared to the NDP and so all blindly charged behind the Liberal banner.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
No probably about it. There was no backing out or he'd lose Quebec. Harper played his derail well. His mistake was calling a marathon election. It gave Canadians lots of time to learn to hate his bullshyte bully style.

Nice hal doh

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The NDP were done the Day Leyton died

I've been doing a little thinking about that Nick, possibly not entirely true. A short month ago they were in the lead. I think Tom's big mouth did him in. Yesterday morning he was spouting off on the radio about being the best party to beat Stephen Harper, obviously total bull sh*t as at that time he was trailing Jr. by a good 10% in the polls. If your not credible on simple things, you're done.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
It was sad to see them lose so many seats but this is what happens in elections - everyone is different.

This time around, the message was clear.

Next election, it might be Trudeau heading for that dump.

Here's to a Conservative opposition that brings it.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I guess both them and the Conservatives ended up quite a bit better than I first thought.......................umm, there is those 30 extra seats!

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Mulcair got caught up in Harper's niquab Quebec herring. That's where he faltered

Doesn't make sense... Trudeau took the opposite stance and he wasn't punished

It was sad to see them lose so many seats but this is what happens in elections - everyone is different.

This time around, the message was clear.

Next election, it might be Trudeau heading for that dump.

Here's to a Conservative opposition that brings it.

Wait and see... Originally I figured that the Libs and Dippers might split the vote in key ridings to the advantage of Harper.... Clearly that didn't happen

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I thought Tom went into a defensive shell once he had the polling lead. During the last month he showed no vision.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
You hit the nail on the head, Mulcair was milquetoast-esque in the final stretch.

The television ads I saw of him showed him smiling, accommodating and pleasant.... Not that I would have voted for him, but I much preferred his previous rant-'n-raving style of aggressiveness... He was somewhat unrecognizable

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Wait and see... Originally I figured that the Libs and Dippers might split the vote in key ridings to the advantage of Harper.... Clearly that didn't happen

Because Liberals and Dippers have become the same voters choosing a side to defeat the Tories.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Well... It worked

I just checked my riding and that is exactly what happened.

I wanted to go NDP but when Mulcair started to drop, I had to weigh the options of going with my first choice or making that sacrifice for the 'greater good'.

We still have an illegitimate majority by real voting standards though.

Maybe Cons will pick up that progressive banner now and realize it's time for PR.