BC Redskins on Warpath/Bashing & Killing Each Other as per SOP

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
They're a drunken drug addicted violent bunch in BC's interior as anyone who lives there can tell you life on the famously corrupt reserves is nasty brutish & short and they have no one to blame but themselves

Lillooet Bridge River Indian band office attacked: 1 dead, 10 injured
Attack sends 10 people to hospital, suspect 'restrained' before police arrive

The alleged suspect in an attack on a band office near Lillooet, B.C. is dead following a rampage that injured at least 10 people, RCMP say.

Lillooet RCMP say a man entered the Xwisten (Bridge River Band) office with weapons just before 8:30 a.m. PT. Wednesday and allegedly assaulted staff. When police got there, they say the man had already been "subdued and restrained."

RCMP members arrested the male but were unable to transport him as he became unconscious and "unresponsive," police said in a written statement. "RCMP officers immediately commenced CPR, which was continued by EHS who were staged nearby."

Police say the man was pronounced dead at the scene despite efforts to resuscitate him. British Columbia's independent police watchdog, the Independent Investigations Office of B.C. (IIO) has been called in to investigate the suspect's death.

There were initially differing reports of how many people were injured in the attack, but B.C.'s Interior Health Authority said at least 10 people were treated for injuries. Two of them were in critical condition and were airlifted to hospital. Two were in serious condition and six others suffered non-life-threatening injuries.

Lillooet is a town of about 2,300, located approximately 250 kilometres northeast of Vancouver in B.C.'s Interior.

Band chief Susan James released first news of the attack earlier today in a written statement that initially reported four people injured, two of whom she said had been seriously hurt.

"A number of our office staff are being stabilized and transferred to other hospitals," James said in the release.

"Our attention now will be on the healing work we need to do. This tragedy has put our community into shock."

Witnesses told CBC News that they saw ambulances and a helicopter en route to the band office.

"As the police investigate, we will not comment on the details of the situation other than to say our prayers are with the families and the community," James said.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
You know the bleeding hearts are gonna go on the warpath and bash you Bill for being so insensitive as to speak the truth.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Yes. Bigots gotta bigot. One person goes nuts and suddenly all "redskins" are drunken drug addicts on the warpath.
I've been to the Kookenays many times Cliffy-all the redskins who used to live there moved to the USA so now you live in the whitest area of BC that's why you know SFA about the situation.

(And those dozens of Mayans shuffling along the roads outside of Kaslo don't count)

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I've been to the Kookenays many times Cliffy-all the redskins who used to live there moved to the USA so now you live in the whitest area of BC that's why you know SFA about the situation.

(And those dozens of Mayans shuffling along the roads outside of Kaslo don't count)
Lilloet is not in the Kootaneys and are not really that close .

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
to refer to the first nations people as 'redskins' ends any interest I would have to be part
of this thread.

I have known many first nations people, as well as many other cultures in this country, the first
nations
were very polite, quiet and peacefull.
there are problems on some reserves, and has been for a long time, it is a conversation that has
a lot of disturbing aspects, for both the first nations and those whom they should trust and
feel secure with, its a historical problem, 'not' started by them, and as with many of the
blacks in the u.s., the injust things that were done to them have left deep scars and many
disturbed people who have never recovered to become eqaual citizens.

what goe round comes round.

anyone calling them 'redskins' also has problems that should be dealt with.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Not all natives left the area. Some still lived here when they were declared extinct. Most left because of extreme prejudice and the fact that there was a bounty on their heads. The US, at the time, was the only place that offered them the relative safety of a rez from trigger happy "white" folk. And I have been on that rez and know the people quite well, and I was partly responsible for getting them to come home to their territory. Plus I have spent time in Lillooett with the people there and I never met a drunk but I am sure there are some just like everywhere in both native communities and "white".

And your use of the "redskin" moniker just proves what an ignorant red neck racist you are. So go phuk yourself.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
My skin is actually brown. And I did not see anything in the article that says the shooter was actually native. And My dad is fullblood native, doesn't drink, do drugs, and rarely even swears. Most people we know we know are good, honest, hard-working people. If you want to see drunks and dopers, head north and have a look at some of the white folks. But even if you do, you won't find natives saying crap like you just posted, billbarilko.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
My skin is actually brown. And I did not see anything in the article that says the shooter was actually native. And My dad is fullblood native, doesn't drink, do drugs, and rarely even swears. Most people we know we know are good, honest, hard-working people. If you want to see drunks and dopers, head north and have a look at some of the white folks. But even if you do, you won't find natives saying crap like you just posted, billbarilko.
As I'm sure you already know, you can't reason with a bigot. Her opinion is based in fear, which is immune to reason.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
In 22 years of living in the Cowichan valley I found about a dozen that weren't drunks or addicts or both. Sad but true.

These are some articles on the experiments that went on in the residentual schools in Port Alberni, Nanaimo, etc. So, once the children were stolen from their parents, they were subjected to abuse and testing. Nutritional deficiency testing. This type of abuse causes mental issues amongst the children that will last their life time.

HIDDEN FROM HISTORY The Canadian Holocaust by Rev. Kevin D. Annett, MA, MDiv

Canada's Nutrition Experiments on First Nations 1942 to 1952

Aboriginal children used in medical tests, commissioner says - Politics - CBC News

We also now know that the abuse and testing done to these people has an effected on the next generations. It's called DNA memory and it not only applies to natives, but to all people. So you're father or mother could suffer from the abuse they endured, but that abuse will also affect you.

'Memories' pass between generations - BBC News
Scientists have found that memories may be passed down through generations in our DNA | The Mind Unleashed

so, if you ever wonder why a person can't just "get over it" and why their families are suffering from anothers issues, you'll know why.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
so are some people mad that they're injuns, have 'red' skin, are being referred to as such, some of them are drunks or that a bunch of folks got hurt and someone died?

it's so confusing in these troubled times.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
so are some people mad that they're injuns, have 'red' skin, are being referred to as such, some of them are drunks or that a bunch of folks got hurt and someone died?

it's so confusing in these troubled times.

All of the above and it is the fault of every white person alive. :roll:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
All of the above and it is the fault of every white person alive. :roll:
Not at all. It is, however, the responsibility of Canada.

Allow me to explain.

Canada is a corporate entity. It has a life of its own, potentially infinite, separate from the lives of individual Canadian citizens of whatever race.

You, as an individual Canadian, benefit from things Canada did and built long before you were born: infrastructure, laws, economy, education system, health-care plan, old-age pensions, libraries, &c. Nobody begrudges you, or anybody else, those benefits of being Canadian.

But the same Canada that did and built those things from which you benefit did some things that weren't so great, and hurt people. Some of them are hurts that continue down through the generations, just as the benefits of what Canada did back in the day continue down through the generations.

The key here is that it's not about you. Nobody is accusing you, individually, of hurting, murdering, robbing, or kidnapping a member of the First Nations. But Canada treated FN people differently for a long time, to their detriment. Therefore, Canada has a responsibility to those who are harmed by that, in addition to its general responsibility to do what it can, within reason of course, to improve the lives of its citizens (see the examples above).

Personally, I think the best idea is to break up the reserves (and the reservations in the U.S.), assign each person a share, and let them keep it, sell it, rent it out, whatever. Then treat FNs (and Indians in the U.S.) no different from any other Canadian (American). If they want to isolate themselves from modern society as much as possible, fine. To exactly the same extent as any other person can, based on wealth, skills, &c. But finish it, one way or 'tother.

I don't have, and don't want, any say in what Canada does, with reference to FNs or anything else. But these are my ideas, and I promote them as I'm able in the U.S., where I do have a say. Special treatment has been a net loss for Indians. Even those times when it has actually helped many or most Indians don't make up for the times special treatment has underserved, isolated, or otherwise disadvantaged Indians. I don't imagine it's much different in Canada.

If Indians want to worship their native gods or whatever, fine. If they want to follow the buffalo, fine, so far as they can without violating other people's property rights. If they want to live in hide tents or woven wegiwas, wonderful. Equally great if they want to go to college and become graphic designers in Toronto, or roughnecks in Alberta, or whatever. And if they choose to wear feathers and hang dreamcatchers, they have that right just like any other citizen. If they choose to gather with like-minded people and live outside the mainstream, that's their right (within limits, of course), just like it is for the Amish or for Muslims or for any other group. But that right is subject to the requirements Canada places on all its people. Those burdens ain't all that heavy, and leave lotsa room to wear feathers, or dye your hair blue, or wear a turban, or put a bolt through your nose.

That, in my considered opinion, is the best way to help Indians.