Hospital Employee Tells Little Girl Hit By A Boy At School...

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
The world, is a changin'

COLUMBUS OHIO -- An Ohio mom took to social media after a hospital employee made a comment that angered her. According to Merrit Smith's Facebook, her daughter was hit by a boy at school. The blow was so severe, according to her post, the little girl needed stitches. While registering her daughter for the hospital visit, she says the man behind the desk at Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus told the girl, "I bet he likes you." Unwilling to let what Smith believes was a lapse in judgement on the hospital employee's part slide, she took to social media, taking a stance against domestic violence. Smith's post said in part: "In that moment, hurt and in a new place, worried about perhaps getting a shot or stitches you were a person we needed to help us and your words of comfort conveyed a message that someone who likes you might hurt you. No. I will not allow that message to be ok. I will not allow it to be louder than 'That's not how we show we like each other.'" The post struck a chord with many and has been shared thousands of times.

Read More at: Hospital employee tells girl hit by male classmate,"I bet he likes you" mom says - WHP CBS 21 Harrisburg - Top Stories

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-0/p280x280/12072652_10154350797679498_1287369562006119324_n.jpg?oh=e7aa7efa82be243bdf3114dc917ed31f&oe=56CFEEE5p/img]

a bit more:

[url=http://www.local21news.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/Ohio-girl-hit-by-male-classmate-told-quot-I-bet-he-likes-you-quot-mom-says-216546.shtml]Hospital employee tells girl hit by male classmate,"I bet he likes you" mom says - WHP CBS 21 Harrisburg - Top Stories[/url]

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
No its not how we show appreciation for one another. Generational divides are as
old as time however and society itself has to look at bridging the gap. If nothing is
said it continues to be and acceptable practice. If something is said its those damn
PC people again trying to change society.
One of the main reasons is polarization has lasted so long we now dislike change
or even the mention of it. Yet at the same time we are dissatisfied with the way things
are. In the middle, two kids who don't understand they are part of an action they nor
we can come to grips with

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I'm bored by all the shaming on social media. People are becoming wusses. Instead of saying something to the person at the hospital, run home and post it on Facebook. Grow a backbone FFS.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I was reading a news article about this. Talk about overreaction by the mom to a comment designed to make her daughter feel a little better. I think the mom is a man hater.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
She probably goes onto sites like Canadian Content and bitches about everything. An utter wuss.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I'm bored by all the shaming on social media. People are becoming wusses. Instead of saying something to the person at the hospital, run home and post it on Facebook. Grow a backbone FFS.

It should have definately have been said at the hospital but it can also be a learning tool for other people but without the public shaming
Maybe we need to learn bow to tell stories again.

It's a very old fashioned thpe of thing to say given how far we've come really.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
She probably goes onto sites like Canadian Content and bitches about everything. An utter wuss.
hahahaha

Yeah, I would have brought it to the attention of the ward super or someone. I don't do FoolBook or Twittier anyways.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
hysteria!

It's getting close to that eh? I think the art of conversation and expressing ideas is slowing losing ground to knee jerk philosophy.

Hopefully things will change. We need more story tellers.

hahahaha

Yeah, I would have brought it to the attention of the ward super or someone. I don't do FoolBook or Twittier anyways.

really? no facebook? I'd have guessed your page would have been filled with hilarity! and beautiful pictures.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Yup, when I was a kid any girl that hit me worked her way from hitting to grabbing an arm then to grabbing a hand and then never mind.

Have kids changed?

I don't think so. I think the adults are attempting to put more of the adulting onto the children.

We can't seem to let them be kids, without politicizing it, making it about ourselves, and removing all the innocents from that special time in a humans life.

Hell, they call children who are allowed to play outside "free range". WTF!

P.S I bet lots of little girls chased you around. trying to kiss you. lol.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
It's getting close to that eh? I think the art of conversation and expressing ideas is slowing losing ground to knee jerk philosophy.

really? no facebook? I'd have guessed your page would have been filled with hilarity! and beautiful pictures.
i love conversation,good conversation,with people i like or i am curious about,
which i have alot to be curious about,i am shy by nature.i never used to be shy,i am now.
storytellers or at least authentic people would be nice,lots of foolers of ccf.

i think mother is f ucked up.

i think mother is f u c k e d up!

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
My mom used to hit me because she loved me. And she really loved me a lot!

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Yes. And social betworks like Twittier and Foolbook are teaching everyone the art of shallow thought. Not many people there seem to be able to think in depth.

That's a cool talent I wish I had.

I had a Foolbook account for a while but then the gods of the site started messing with it and I dropped it and wrote an email to them to stick it up their app. hehe
I am on Pinterest, though. It's kind of a non-literary blog of pics and stuff I like in general. I expect one day they will boot me becuse my music folder is pretty huge. lol (A hazard of liking almost any genre of music).

Hell, they call children who are allowed to play outside "free range". WTF!
I love them roasted and stuffed.

oops sorry. I thought you said "chickens". It's clearer now I cleaned my cheaters. hehe