1,453 people died in Mecca’s Hajj stampede

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Mecca’s Hajj stampede death toll has surpassed 1,450 people, AP reported, citing the sum-up of official figures from 19 of the nations affected. The tally, reported by Saudi Arabia as 769, makes it the deadliest-ever incident during the annual pilgrimage.

Hundreds of people are still presumed missing weeks after the deadly September 24 stampede, but the number of victims has been steadily growing with the release of new statements by countries whose citizens were killed.

The new death toll collected by AP, which is based on such official publications, is nearly double Riyadh’s latest figures.

Iran, which has blamed the Saudis for the stampede, has announced that 465 of its citizens died near Mina outside the holy city of Mecca. This figure also includes those unaccounted for, as Tehran does not hope to find them alive.

On Wednesday, the Iranian supreme leader, Ayatollah Khamenei, threatened Saudi Arabia with “harsh” measures if it fails to repatriate the bodies of Iranian pilgrims as soon as possible.

“The Islamic Republic of Iran has so far showed self-restraint, observed Islamic decency and brotherly respect in the Islamic world,” Ayatollah Khamenei said in a statement aired on Iranian state television. “But they should know that Iran’s hand is superior to many others and has more capabilities.”

Egypt follows Iran with the second-highest death toll, which the country has put at 148 people, according to AP. There were also 120 Indonesians among those killed, the third highest death toll.

Overall, more than 20 countries from across Africa, Asia and the Middle East have reported having citizens killed and missing.

Iran: 465 killed
Egypt: 148 killed
Indonesia: 120 killed
India: 101 killed
Nigeria: 99 killed
Pakistan: 93 killed
Mali: 70 killed
Bangladesh: 63 killed
Senegal: 54 killed
Benin: 51 killed
Cameroon: 42 killed
Ethiopia: 31 killed
Sudan: 30 killed
Morocco: 27 killed
Algeria: 25 killed
Ghana: 12 killed
Chad: 11 killed
Kenya: 8 killed
Turkey: 3 killed

The deadly stampede occurred on September 24 near an exit from a monorail train station that was close to the tent camps accommodating thousands of pilgrims who had come for the five-day celebration of Islam’s second-biggest holiday, Eid Al-Ahda.

If AP’s tally is accurate, it would make this year’s stampede the deadliest-ever Hajj incident. The previous anti-record dates back to 1990, when 1,426 people were killed in a stampede inside a pedestrian tunnel leading out of Mecca towards Mina.

source: http://www.rt.com/news/318182-mecca-hajj-stampede-new-toll/

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Mecca’s Hajj stampede death toll has surpassed 1,450 people, AP reported, citing the sum-up of official figures from 19 of the nations affected. The tally, reported by Saudi Arabia as 769, makes it the deadliest-ever incident during the annual pilgrimage.

Hundreds of people are still presumed missing weeks after the deadly September 24 stampede, but the number of victims has been steadily growing with the release of new statements by countries whose citizens were killed.

source: http://www.rt.com/news/318182-mecca-hajj-stampede-new-toll/

And we're think of importing these people (the survivors) :)

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Oh, STFU, selfsame.

I'm wondering why? I mean it isn't as if a person can yell, "Fire" in several countries at the same time, right? ETH sparked multiple stampedes?
Ahh, bottlenecks.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
The idolater has come.
I told you a couple times before, I do not worship anything or anyone. So keep calling me that and you will simply be displaying your pathetic brand of ignorance and stupidity.
As I also said before, your head is full; there is no room for new or improved information and you are simply regurgitating the nonsense from a book some other fellow wrote. Your mind has stagnated.
That's pretty sad.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I told you a couple times before, I do not worship anything or anyone. So keep calling me that and you will simply be displaying your pathetic brand of ignorance and stupidity.
As I also said before, your head is full; there is no room for new or improved information and you are simply regurgitating the nonsense from a book some other fellow wrote. Your mind has stagnated.
That's pretty sad.

Guess what! There's idiots who walk among us! :)

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Guess what! There's idiots who walk among us! :)
Yes, and they are called bigots.

The issue is simply a matter of physics, and in particular, inertia. The bulk of the mass keeps pushing unaware that the front slows or stops. I saw something similar in Vancouver one time at some event or other; maybe the PNE or Expo 86.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Ah, oh eh oh....

I'm not a Liberal... I vote Conservative... ;)
Yeah, these days the Cons are not particularly conservative. But you likely wouldn't be able to comprehend the difference.

The label is on you sweaty
Actually, I'm not. I am sitting here with my coffee and relaxing. And I only sweat after a lot of physical exertion or it is extremely hot weather.

So you lied when you said that bigots are Liberals, then. I see.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Where is Sesame?

I figured that he will come on here and tell us that all of those people died as Allah's retribution for allowing Infidels to remain alive in the world (trills tongue, fires Kalashnikov in the air)