Criminal or sick?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Both.
Multiple armed robberies.
By the looks of things, he turned to drugs and alcohol instead of regular treatments for RA.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Of course it was his choice, but it may have been that the drugs triggered him. Perhaps if he didn't do drugs, he may never have thought to do anything illegal and acquire a criminal record.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Of course it was his choice, but it may have been that the drugs triggered him. Perhaps if he didn't do drugs, he may never have thought to do anything illegal and acquire a criminal record.

He has known for his entire life robbing and killing are flat out wrong. The drugs didn't talk him out of knowing it's wrong. Who talked the drugs out knowing killing and robbing is wrong instead of driving him to make choice of rehab? The alcohol?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
He has known for his entire life robbing and killing are flat out wrong. The drugs didn't talk him out of knowing it's wrong. Who talked the drugs out knowing killing and robbing is wrong instead of driving him to make choice of rehab? The alcohol?

Sometimes a person just reaches the point where he/she just don't give a sh*t!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Sometimes a person just reaches the point where he/she just don't give a sh*t!

Which he did all by himself. Dope, booze whatever. He also knew the consequences of selfmedicating. He took the chicken sh-t route, doubled down on his depression which doubles the pain. Had he accepted his fate like a man he could have manage the remainder of his life without depression and halved his pain.

I have no empathy for anyone who takes the loser route.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I know someone who did 2 years for 2nd. She stabbed a gay hooker in a fight over a corner. Her prison was sharing a house out on the open range. They aren't even locked up. There is nowhere to hide and the loving environment will kill you summer or dead of winter.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I can name you one that did less than 7 years for 2nd degree.

Actually I can name a couple who served 10 or less. One was Hueneman's accomplice and the other was involved in the Rena Virk murder. They were both raised to adult court.

I know someone who did 2 years for 2nd. She stabbed a gay hooker in a fight over a corner. Her prison was sharing a house out on the open range. They aren't even locked up. There is nowhere to hide and the loving environment will kill you summer or dead of winter.

In some of these cases one is as bad as the other, sometimes it's just the luck of the draw as to which survives.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Some 2nds get a full pull of 20 too.

He had options, RA isn't an excuse.

My bro -in- law has had Rheumatoid Arthritis for 30 years - it is a terrible disease- every joint on his body is a bunch of spurs, he doesn't walk, he shuffles, he's restricted to wearing sandals 12 months a year, things that we take for granted like opening a pocket knife or buttoning up a shirt he can't do. He was lucky in that he managed to work until he qualified for pension and the medical coverage that comes with it. Maybe this bank robber was in the same straits or worse, so I won't judge him!