Aurora police on alert after threatening call to 911 dispatch

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Aurora police on alert after threatening call to 911 dispatch

AURORA, Colo. -- The Aurora Police Department was on high alert Monday after a dispatch operator received an alarming and anonymous call. It is a concern for police and something the community should be aware of as well.

FOX31 Denver obtained the audio of the chilling call.

“It’s time that you guys know we are no longer playing around with the police departments. Aurora and Denver, we are about to start striking fear shooting down all cops that we see by their selves. This will go for the sheriff’s department. You guys are evicting innocent people. Let us catch you by yourself and it’s shots fired.”

The call came in about 5:50 p.m. Sunday. Local law enforcement is taking it very seriously.

“I’m not surprised by the call. People make threats to police all the time, but very rarely do we get anything involving folks wanting to shoot at the police,” Aurora Police Association President Bob Wesner said.

While the anonymous call is still under investigation, Aurora police are also investigating a shooting from later Sunday night where officers were called to a scene, then shot at. It is unclear if the incidents are related.

The alarming threats come as a wave of anti-police sentiment sweeps across the country.

“It’s going on nationally. It’s going to come here. There’s nobody that’s immune to it. Nobody in law enforcement,” Denver police Det. Nick Rogers said. “We accept it because that’s one of the things that when we signed up we know that these things are going to happen.”

Officers from Aurora and Denver say they will continue to do their jobs despite the threats.

“We’re not going to go away. I’m not going to quit. As a matter of fact, all you’re doing is making me stronger because I know what I have to do is that much more important. If you’re willing to kill me who else are you going to kill?” Rogers said.

Aurora police is investigating both incidents. All officers remain on high alert but assure that public safety is not threatened.

Aurora police on alert after threatening call to 911 dispatch | FOX31 Denver

Personally, I see you shooting at cops while I'm around, I'm going to shoot you..

I think I would speak for other concerned citizens too that support law enforcement.