skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I got shaw and it is just as bad. According to the shaw tech that was here last their volume is increasing by %18 a day and the wires simply can't take the load.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
I got shaw and it is just as bad. According to the shaw tech that was here last their volume is increasing by %18 a day and the wires simply can't take the load.

Shaw has always slowed when the kids come home from school, it their type of delivery, cheap wiring. We have no other choices but Telus and Shaw on the Island so we stay bent over.
I doubt 18% a day.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I'm with Xplornet and am happy with the service. I did the speed test and these are my results.

Ping - 717ms
Download - 4.33 Mbps
Upload - 0.43 Mbps

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I can not remember the last time I had numbers as low as I am seeing posted here. Most of those numbers I would NEVER put up with from my ISP.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I can not remember the last time I had numbers as low as I am seeing posted here. Most of those numbers I would NEVER put up with from my ISP.
You get what you pay for.......what is your internet connection cost per month....?
This is a serious question, the only thing that is now keeping me to that internet provider is probably an email address that I've had since 1995...that I would have to change with several commercial contacts....

Since I don't have a house phone the only thing my old phone company is supplying is internet....my cellular package is now operated by Bell Canada.....Maybe it's time for me to shop around......

Last edited:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
You get what you pay for.......what is your internet connection cost per month....?
This is a serious question, the only thing that is now keeping me to that internet provider is probably an email address that I've had since 1995...that I would have to change with several commercial contacts....

Since I don't have a house phone the only thing my old phone company is supplying is internet....my cellular package is now operated by Bell Canada.....Maybe it's time for me to shop around......

My package is an older one and is bundled with me cable and phone. However, Shaw offers a 60mb package that is about $90/month as a stand alone. You are right, you get what you pay for and I have no problem paying a premium for premium service.