Election Thread - Who tells the biggest whopper of a lie. Who has a good policy.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Election Thread - Who tells the biggest whopper of a lie.
Who has a good policy. Singular or multiple
Who avoids the questions - lies on GG, Oil Sands, tax cuts,and what ever you wish to post.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Who will tell the biggest whopper of a lie? That remains to be seen.

Who has good policies? On the revenue side, possibly the Green Party with its more user-pay approach to revenue policy. On the expenditure and ethnic policy side (immigration, language, indigenous, trade and other policies), maybe the Libertarian Party. To be clear, I don't think the Libertarian Party platform is that great, but just not as bad as the others (government bowing out of involvement can neither harm nor benefit us). Government involvement will either harm or benefit us (though I think it's harm in the case of most party policies today). The Libertarian Party might go too far in some of its policies, especially revenue reduction, but I like some of its direction, especially in the area of expenditure reduction. Maybe a Green-Libertarian coalition? A mostly Green platform but in a Libertarian coalition to keep the excesses of the Green Party in check?

Given the likelihood of a Green-Libertarian coalition, second on my wish list might be a Libertarian-Conservative coalition. Also very unlikely, but perhaps at least somewhat closer to reality than a Green-Libertarian coalition in that it would only need to shift some Conservative votes to the Libertarian Party. The Conservative Party is way too nationalistic for my taste even if I agree with some of its economic policies. A Libertarian coalition could moderate some of the police state mentality in the Conservative Party.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Harper he already told it this morning. He said the parties should pay for the election.
Under the fair elections act the parties retrieve most of the money back as do the
individual candidates fifty percent or more is a bill for you and I. In addition it costs
about 370-400 for an election. With the longer campaign it will be at least 700 thousand.

That is the first whopper

Second deception this time most of the money under the bill giving money for kids it is
now a taxable item where a tax credit used to be and now most of the money will return
to the treasury as a tax claw back.

Oh God it is going to be a long hot summer

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Harper he already told it this morning. He said the parties should pay for the election.
Under the fair elections act the parties retrieve most of the money back as do the
individual candidates fifty percent or more is a bill for you and I. In addition it costs
about 370-400 for an election. With the longer campaign it will be at least 700 thousand.

Second deception this time most of the money under the bill giving money for kids it is
now a taxable item where a tax credit used to be and now most of the money will return

If you repeat a lie often enough it doesn't become the truth
The following would be people making over $138,000
They don't need the benefit
So just quit bullshïting will ya?
Impossible to loose more than you gain...........
And the highest provincial tax rate is Quebec at 25%
That would mean that the highest possible payback at tax time would be 54% of the child benefits received...
So you are being disingenuous or being fooled by what you read in liberal print....

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Just who in the libertarian party has enough support to get elected ?
Do they have a leader that gets his name and platform in the news ?
Do they have a leader period ?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Just who in the libertarian party has enough support to get elected ?
Do they have a leader that gets his name and platform in the news ?
Do they have a leader period ?

A fringe party, unfortunately, but government should not be about popularity.

I might prefer a Conservative to a Libertarian majority government (the devil I know). But I prefer more Libertarian to Conservative ideas, so I'd probably prefer a Libertarian coalition with almost any party over a Conservative majority.

I might prefer a Conservative to a Libertarian majority government (the devil I know). But I prefer more Libertarian to Conservative ideas, so I'd probably prefer a Libertarian coalition with almost any party over a Conservative majority.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
A fringe party, unfortunately, but government should not be about popularity.

So in other words libertarians have the best ideas but nobody willing or capable of expressing those ideals .

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Election Thread - Who tells the biggest whopper of a lie.
Who has a good policy. Singular or multiple
Who avoids the questions - lies on GG, Oil Sands, tax cuts,and what ever you wish to post.

They are all f**king liars with no conscience, no accountability, just lie, lie, lie and lie ad infinitum. Do we need any more information?

And Jr. and Mulcair aren't one iota better, actually they are worse because they claim they can do better than Harper, before they've even been there.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
So in other words libertarians have the best ideas but nobody willing or capable of expressing those ideals .

In the last provincial election I was considering the Libertarian candidate because of his party platform, but the candidate himself didn't seem competent but the Progressive Conservative was okay so I voted for him instead. It all comes down to the candidate in the end.

But I think what hurts the Libertarian Party even more than the local candidate's competence is blind partisan support for the major parties without even giving fringe candidates a chance.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Re; Who tells the biggest whopper of a lie.

Yeah, forget about the Parliamentary Budget Office saying that we are already projected for a deficit

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/deficit-projected-for-federal-government-this-year-1.3163097

Deficit projected for federal government this year

The budget officer released the report Wednesday morning, following a July 16 request from the Liberals and July 18 request by the New Democrats. The parties made the requests based on a decline in real GDP in the first quarter of 2015, which results in lower corporate tax revenue and HST for the federal government.

The PBO projection came about an hour after Finance Canada said the federal government posted a $3.9 billion surplus for the first two months of the 2015-16 fiscal year. Those numbers include the estimated $3.4 billion of General Motors shares the government sold and, because they cover April and May, exclude the $3 billion in universal child care benefit cheques delivered this week.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Re; Who tells the biggest whopper of a lie.

Yeah, forget about the Parliamentary Budget Office saying that we are already projected for a deficit

Deficit projected for federal government this year - Politics - CBC News

Deficit projected for federal government this year

The budget officer released the report Wednesday morning, following a July 16 request from the Liberals and July 18 request by the New Democrats. The parties made the requests based on a decline in real GDP in the first quarter of 2015, which results in lower corporate tax revenue and HST for the federal government.

The PBO projection came about an hour after Finance Canada said the federal government posted a $3.9 billion surplus for the first two months of the 2015-16 fiscal year. Those numbers include the estimated $3.4 billion of General Motors shares the government sold and, because they cover April and May, exclude the $3 billion in universal child care benefit cheques delivered this week.

Anyone who thinks taxes won't go up under Mulcair, has to be VERY naïve.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
What i find most disturbing is that there are a good number of people that consider the dippers as serious contenders.

And I'm beginning to fear they might be right. I caught part of "Cross country checkup " on C.B.C. yesterday and I thought the sky was falling. Understandably there are people in Cape Breton who are very afraid, but you have to be willing to move to where the work is.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Anyone who thinks taxes won't go up under Mulcair, has to be VERY naïve.

Anyone who thinks we won't have a deficit under Harper has to be VERY naïve..........

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
What i find most disturbing is that there are a good number of people that consider the dippers as serious contenders.
Yes, well, be disturbed. They are contenders. If Alberta can swing orange, then Canada can too. Your worst nightmare is about to come true, neyahahaha! I think enough people are waking up and are going to kick Harpo's corporate masters right in the knackers. I'm Lovin' it!

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Mulcair tell Quebec one thing and the West another on pipelines.
When we he state clearly that we as a country need 3 lines- eats- west and south.

As to Hairball, well he just ain't ready yet. Meaning if he does poorly, he Party will give him the Chinese Chop, the French version that is. Marie tasted it, well felt it.