More Flapping Flag Flaps....er, whatever....

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Vladimir Putin's United Russia Party unveils 'straight flag' to rival gay pride symbol

Upset, dismayed and evidently feeling a little left out by the global embrace of the gay pride flag following the US Supreme Court ruling legalising same-sex marriage, Vladimir Putin's United Russia Party has hit back against with their own "straight" flag.

While homosexuality is not illegal in Russia, Mr Putin introduced a law in 2013 that bans symbols which promote "non-traditional" values.
Therefore, in response to the LGBT movement's rainbow flag, the United Russia Party unveiled a banner celebrating the traditional, nuclear Russian family. The flag depicts two parents - a woman and a man - holding hands with three children.
It was unveiled at a party rally in Moscow's Sokolniki park on the Day of Family, Love and Fidelity, an annual country-wide celebration held on July 8.

Vladimir Putin's United Russia Party unveils 'straight flag' to rival gay pride symbol - Europe - World - The Independent

...Which they apparently stole from the French......

French Group Accuses United Russia of Stealing Design for 'Straight Flag' | News | The Moscow Times

And, is it just me, or does that Putin dude just scream head in the sand level denial?

Flagging flaggers and their stupid flags.......

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I'm fed up with flags. Tired of them.

Tired of looking at pictures of them everywhere.

Tired of reading about them everywhere.

Tired of people getting too upset or not upset enough or whatever the mood du jour is.

Frankly this whole 'getting out of bed in the morning' business is starting to get old, cuz look at what I'm getting out of bed for. Freaking flags.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Can you be straight if you don't have kids? Reason I ask is because all the bloviators about homosexuality are constantly banging on about family and kids.

By the way, that's an ugly and completely ineffective flag. About what I'd expect of the Russians. Or the French.