News from the Trailer Park

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Bristol Palin Calls Off Wedding Amid Tabloid Rumors

Bristol Palin and Dakota Meyer are not getting married as expected.
Sarah Palin's daughter and her beau, a Medal of Honor recipient, had a Memorial Day weekend wedding planned for May 23, but plans fell through after tabloids reported that Dakota had a "secret wife."
The former Governor of Alaska broke the news for her daughter on Facebook:
"Bristol and Dakota couldn't be more thankful for the love and support of family and friends over the past months while preparing for their wedding. They have informed loved ones that unfortunately the announced celebration planned for May 23 will not be held," Sarah stated.
Although, there will still be a party for those who already made plans to attend the festivities.
"Many friends and family still look forward to getting together that day in Kentucky anyway – and the Palins and Meyers are happily looking forward to still being at 'the old Kentucky home' on May 23 to celebrate life, in general!" Sarah continued. "Family members and close friends know they are welcome to share a great bar-b-que on the farm that day. All involved, especially Dakota, Bristol and Tripp, and their parents and grandparents, thank supporters for the love they've expressed."
Sarah also further addressed the tabloid reports with words from her daughter.
"Regarding salacious headlines in recent days about 'secret wives', Dakota and I discussed our past relationships prior to our engagement. Dakota was legally divorced years ago, as any good reporter could and should have disclosed to readers," Bristol said. "As usual, false stories and dramatically written headlines begging controversy should be disregarded, and we have faith that our privacy will be respected at this time by those with decency."
Bristol ended her message with a thank you, but speculation still continues as to if this wedding will be rescheduled! On Saturday, Bristol posted a picture without her engagement ring.
The 24-year-old also posted a message on Instagram that same day that reads, "Trust in God's timing. It's better to wait a while and have things fall into place than to rush and have things fall apart."
Sgt. Meyer, 26, asked Bristol for her hand in marriage at a Rascal Flatts concert in March. Lead singer Gary LeVox dedicated the band's song "Bless the Broken Road" to the couple, after which Dakota got down on one knee and proposed.
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/bristol-palin-calls-off-wedding-190000204.html

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Geraldo Rivera Tells Dan Savage to ‘F–k Off’ for Slamming Fox News Over Bristol Palin Pregnancy

Geraldo Rivera got into it with well-known author and columnist Dan Savage Thursday after Savage ripped Fox News over its silence in response to Bristol Palin’s pregnancy.

“If Bristol Palin’s last name was “Obama” the whole Hee Haw gang at Fox News would spend half of every day for the next nine months telling us that Bristol Obama has terrible parents,” Savage wrote.

“Maybe Michelle should be less concerned with what your kids are eating and more concerned with what her kids are doing!”–and the other half of the day pretending to fret over the terrible example that Bristol Obama was setting for other African American women and girls. But unplanned pregnancies and kids in fatherless homes and two different children by two different fathers?

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/geraldo-rivera-tells-dan-savage-f-k-off-125638258.html

Last edited:

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Geraldo Rivera Tells Dan Savage to ‘F–k Off’ for Slamming Fox News Over Bristol Palin Pregnancy

Geraldo Rivera got into it with well-known author and columnist Dan Savage Thursday after Savage ripped Fox News over its silence in response to Bristol Palin’s pregnancy.

“If Bristol Palin’s last name was “Obama” the whole Hee Haw gang at Fox News would spend half of every day for the next nine months telling us that Bristol Obama has terrible parents,” Savage wrote.

“Maybe Michelle should be less concerned with what your kids are eating and more concerned with what her kids are doing!”–and the other half of the day pretending to fret over the terrible example that Bristol Obama was setting for other African American women and girls. But unplanned pregnancies and kids in fatherless homes and two different children by two different fathers?

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/geraldo-rivera-tells-dan-savage-f-k-off-125638258.html
Well really who cares that Bristol Palin is human . Kind of like the rest of us .

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
The hate goes deep in some people.....................

Oh but he's right.

If this was one of Obamas kids the right wing would have rash marks on their chins from all the drooling ........not that Obamas kids being Black would have anything to do with it.....

If you haven’t heard by now, outspoken abstinence-only advocate Bristol Palin announced yesterday that she’s pregnant with baby No. 2.

It didn’t take long for equally as outspoken gay activist and author Dan Savage to weigh in on the deliciously rich irony in all of this, who wrote in a column for the Stranger subtlety titled “Single Christian Lady Bristol ‘Screw As I Say, Not As I Screw’ Palin is Pregnant Again”:

You can see it in mama Grizzlies eyes that the wheels were turning as she listened to OldCow, and thinking 'yeah she could be right' this is kinda of a dumb thing to make public.....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lqt7ZMj75M

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Oh but he's right.

If this was one of Obamas kids the right wing would have rash marks on their chins from all the drooling ........not that Obamas kids being Black would have anything to do with it.....

If you haven’t heard by now, outspoken abstinence-only advocate Bristol Palin announced yesterday that she’s pregnant with baby No. 2.

It didn’t take long for equally as outspoken gay activist and author Dan Savage to weigh in on the deliciously rich irony in all of this, who wrote in a column for the Stranger subtlety titled “Single Christian Lady Bristol ‘Screw As I Say, Not As I Screw’ Palin is Pregnant Again”:

You can see it in mama Grizzlies eyes that the wheels were turning as she listened to OldCow, and thinking 'yeah she could be right' this is kinda of a dumb thing to make public.....
What the drooling left seems to forget that while Obama is a sitting president.....Sarah Palin has been nothing but an ex-Governor for the last seven years...
Now I wonder who is "hung-up" in the past!

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Oh but he's right.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lqt7ZMj75M
If one of president Obama's daughters got pregnant out of marriage I would say she was human .

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
If one of president Obama's daughters got pregnant out of marriage I would say she was human .

More to the point since there is no chance I would be the father and she would not be a welfare mother in Canada it would have zero impact on my life one way or the other.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
More to the point since there is no chance I would be the father and she would not be a welfare mother in Canada it would have zero impact on my life one way or the other.
Pretty much the same as Miss Palin with mine . But haters have to hate .

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
What the drooling left seems to forget that while Obama is a sitting president.....Sarah Palin has been nothing but an ex-Governor for the last seven years...
Now I wonder who is "hung-up" in the past!

She has been making abstinence only speeches presumably taking speaker fees. Any person doing that, being unmarried and twice pregnant would need to be viewed as a hypocrite. But yes, it is only national news because Sarah was at one point a prominent national political figure. I suspect if Clinton's daughter (for example) had done something similar, it would also be on the national news (on one network or the other).

But it is proof that the news media today has the same journalistic standards as the national enquirer.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Sarah Palin on Thursday went after her candidate for using slightly softer language to describe his plans to carry out the mass deportation of undocumented immigrants from the country.

“Donald Trump understands that enforcing the laws and building that wall are paramount to what the will of the people is,” Palin told guest host Eric Bolling on Fox News' "The O'Reilly Factor.”

“And thank God he’s still preaching that," she continued, "because if he were not, then there would be a huge erosion of support.”

Trump still plans to build a "35 to 45” foot wall on the US-Mexico border and to deport the 11 million undocumented immigrants living in the country, though he said it is “hard” to forcibly remove people who have been here for years and that he would “work with them.”

This new language has infuriated Trump loyalists like Palin and Ann Coulter, who this week published a book titled “In Trump We Trust.”

“Candidate Trump didn’t garner a lot of enthusiastic support by being soft on anything,” Palin said on Fox.

"I would prefer politicians to not campaign one way and then govern another way," she added.

The 2008 Vice Presidential nominee also expressed concern to the Wall Street Journal, urging her candidate not to take a different tack on an issue that has been so central to his campaign.

"If Mr. Trump were to go down a path of wishy-washy positions taken on things that the core foundation of his support has so appreciated, and that is respecting our Constitution and respecting law and order in American, then, yeah, there would be a massive disappointment," Palin told the newspaper.

"Parts of the message we heard in the last week are clearly not consistent with the stringent position and message that supporters have received all along," she added.

Palin endorsed Trump's campaign in January and has appeared on the trail with him. Her support has also taken more unusual forms, like posting a photograph of her posing with a dead boar ahead of Wisconsin’s GOP primary in order to convince voters to remain “independent of the status quo political establishment” by supporting Trump.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/palin-upset-trump-wishy-washy-immigration

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Sarah Palin Can Still See Russia, Promises To Keep An Eye On Them

With Russia now accused of interfering in the U.S. election, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin made a crack that recalls one of her most famous lines from the 2012 campaign, when she was the Republican vice presidential nominee.

Palin tweeted on Sunday:

"Russia's getting out of hand? So says the defeated. Not to worry..........remember I can keep an eye on them from here."

Asked in 2012 about her insight into Russia as governor of the state closest to the nation, Palin said:

They’re our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.”

“Nuclear weaponry, of course, would be the be-all, end-all of just too many people in too many parts of our planet.”
-- CBS interview with Katie Couric, September 25, 2008 Photo by: AP