Wages rising faster than inflation!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It was just announced on C.B.C. in the past 5 minutes that wages in Manitoba are rising faster than inflation and it appears the same is true for the rest of the country!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
It was just announced on C.B.C. in the past 5 minutes that wages in Manitoba are rising faster than inflation and it appears the same is true for the rest of the country!

Good although I don't see any anecdotal evidence to support it from my end. Could be distorted by some lazy snivel serpants getting a bigger contract or the fluctuations in the price of gas as well.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Good although I don't see any anecdotal evidence to support it from my end. Could be distorted by some lazy snivel serpants getting a bigger contract or the fluctuations in the price of gas as well.

No doubt there are probably several factors that would affect it!

. Could be distorted by some lazy snivel serpants getting a bigger contract

You might do well not to tar them all with the same brush, I worked with many who were very productive, of course I worked with a few who were absolutely useless. It's a common situation in most walks of life I think.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Well, if the conventional wisdom hereabouts on minimum wage is anything to go by, all sellers of everything in Manitoba'll be raising prices in 4. . .3. . .2. . .1. . .

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
quote:
It was just announced on C.B.C. in the past 5 minutes that wages in Manitoba are rising faster than inflation and it appears the same is true for the rest of the country!. I'm sure there is a law against that...

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Inflation is mellowing. It still doesn't change anything in regards to crazy increases in consumer goods the past few years.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Inflation is mellowing. It still doesn't change anything in regards to crazy increases in consumer goods the past few years.

It was that very thought that led me to conclude that we all might be better of if wages, prices, taxes etc. were reduced by 10% across the board. This "roller coaster" has gone beyond the point of ridiculous. You don't know how much money to take out of the bank in the morning to see you through the afternoon!

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
i have never heard of such a thing, and if it is true, it will be squelched in seconds, the regular
worker in general has never been able to keep up with inflation, it won't be allowed, so just blink
and it will stop, if true, me thinks not.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Employers are trying to keep employees. The national workforce is in perpetual flip flop. Wages are too low overall.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Employers are trying to keep employees. The national workforce is in perpetual flip flop. Wages are too low overall.

thats right, it is very noticeable over the past few years, that the workforce is losing ground, unless
one's children can afford to spend a fortune on post secondary education which puts them into a high
paying job, our (in my case) grandchildren are much further behind than we were at that age, and my
children as well when they graduated, then if they go on, in the education programs, they become very
poor as their debt builds big time from paying tuition etc, then it takes them years to pay it back.